• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pedal or effect...?

Blues Driver
    I want more me in my tone.

Comment

OCD or BBPREAMP, and a DL4. Not a HUGE fan of the delays on it, but it'll work. Plus I get 3 presets, and a looper

Comment

I'd say fuzz and overdrive.

Right now the Fuzz happens to be a Fulltone '69 mk II (I also like the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz and the DMB Foxy Pirate)

The OD is about to change to a DMB Lexi Drive or Catalinbread WIIO or a combo of both at the same time. (I'm also a big fan of mod'd blues drivers, fulldrive 2, ocd, sparkle drive, robin trower overdrive, wampler paisley drive, and a few others).

I find that above all else I usually play with a dirt pedal of some sort on all the time, and I typically use my guitar volume knob to control the clean/dirt. Unless I'm after a straight up clean tone where I just have my amp handle everything.

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
          What pedal or effect do you use the most?

What pedal or effect do you consider an essential part of your rig/tone?

You can name only 1 or 2 pedals.

(not counting tuners)
          The Tech 21 British really nails some of the earlier Marshall tones I grew up with up to and including the JCM 800 or the Box of Rock..

For 1 time based effect....Anything that adds a sense of ambience or that the guitar tone is coming from a bigger place....So basically a type of hall or arena reverb effect...Delays are cool,but they can put a guitar back in the mix a bit and muddy things up if used too much or too wet.
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

MI Audio Blues Pro and MXR Carbon Copy!
            Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

OD and EQ.
              -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
              I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Working...
              X