Question about George L's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about George L's

Somebody who uses George L's on a pedalboard: How big are their right-angle connectors? That is, how far do they stick out from the side of the stompbox?

Obviously, I'm trying to figure out how close I can position my pedals.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: Question about George L's

Here ya go pal..

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

13/16"

For a really low profile you have to solder pancake style fittings.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
        13/16"

For a really low profile you have to solder pancake style fittings.
        Lol....Notice the one on the output side of the BOR!
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I don't have the fancy ends on my L's, and you can see I also don't squeeze too much onto my board, but the connectors are pretty big, as stated above.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            I don't have the fancy ends on my L's, and you can see I also don't squeeze too much onto my board, but the connectors are pretty big, as stated above.

Alot more pedals than what I need/use,but some nice pedals and a nice tidy board...Recently I added the TC Flashback Delay and a Verbzilla that I only use to create a bigger and ambient space to my overall tone...Fills everything out nice..

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
              Alot more pedals than what I need/use,but some nice pedals and a nice tidy board...Recently I added the TC Flashback Delay and a Verbzilla that I only use to create a bigger and ambient space to my overall tone...Fills everything out nice..
              Thank you, sir.

I change out pedals way too often to call any one iteration 'official'. It really depends on the gig or session I am prepping for. The mainstays, however, are the tuner, the Descend (absolutely necessary with my single channel amps), and the Sweetback Driver. Everything else changes ... a LOT!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                Lol....Notice the one on the output side of the BOR!
                Absolutely! For a tight spot nothing else will do.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  Thank you, sir.

I change out pedals way too often to call any one iteration 'official'. It really depends on the gig or session I am prepping for. The mainstays, however, are the tuner, the Descend (absolutely necessary with my single channel amps), and the Sweetback Driver. Everything else changes ... a LOT!
                  I switch out my home made Crunchbox with my Home Made RAT depending on my moods,but the BOR,Tech 21 British,TS808,and my 2 time based effects stay!

Sometimes I still use my Vox ToneLab LE....But it hasn't been for quite some time now.

Comment

Working...
                  X