NPBD--Homemade, so take it easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPBD--Homemade, so take it easy.

So I spent a couple hours this weekend with a measuring tape and a mitre saw. I had had enough of my poorly thought-out arrangement, and I needed to do something about it. This is what I came up with.

I still have to figure out what to do about the wah pedal and how to integrate the surge protector and AC adapters properly. I'm thinking I'll cut another piece of 1x4 and angle it down from the back of the board at the top to the bottom of the board at the front then angle a support properly to support it at the back on the underside. Hopefully cable management won't be too big of an issue either.

Here's a new family photograph.

Kam, you're at least partially to blame for calling me out in my PRS NGD thread. So thanks, and I hate you.
    Last edited by misterwhizzy; 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM.

Re: NPBD--Homemade, so take it easy.

that board is a little like my home made one....Its good to make your own, cos then they can be exactly the right size and shape...plus they are a lot cheaper than buying premade. This one fits in a regular silver camera case.

Last edited by Chickenwings; 04-22-2012, 10:01 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Nothing like a customized home-made pedalboard. I have one too, and it's awesome.

Very nice little family you've got there!

Comment

I remember back when I made my first board. I slightly overestimated the amount of space I'd end up needing though...

Very nice job though. I like what you've done. Any plans to paint it?
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
          I remember back when I made my first board. I slightly overestimated the amount of space I'd end up needing though...
          There's room for growth though
          Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            that board is a little like my home made one....Its good to make your own, cos then they can be exactly the right size and shape...plus they are a lot cheaper than buying premade.
            I like the looks of that. It's got a rustic feel to it. I never thought I'd be describing pedal boards like Bob Ross, though. The sturdiness of it may be called into question too. I only used wood glue, so it may need some metallic reinforcement. Time will tell.

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
            Nothing like a customized home-made pedalboard. I have one too, and it's awesome.

Very nice little family you've got there!
            Thanks! I'm glad I learned long ago the importance of "Measure twice, cut once." I also spent quite a bit of time lining up the edge of the sawblade with the edge of the piece I just cut. Made things turn out pretty clean in the end.

Oh, yeah, and the pedals work pretty well too.

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            Very nice job though. I like what you've done. Any plans to paint it?
            Thank you, sir. I kind of doubt I'll end up painting it. I think the natural look will work for now. It's possible I'll get creative with it in the future, but it would have to be something that amuses me for years, and my attention span usually isn't that long. I'm open to suggestions, though.

Comment

That looks good to me!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Nice!

Swirl that mother!

Comment

Working...
                X