peavy vypers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: peavy vypers?

Ace you said name ONE piece of gear which is exactly what Jeremiah did. Sorry, I'm in pedantic mode today.

Comment

My mid 90's USA made, Transtube Bandit 112 , has more tone than any of those damm Vypers . I've tried them out and I'm not impressed.

Comment

Ive played trans tube 112's. Id take a vypyr any day.
        Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          The Wiggy was pretty bad too. But I like the Vypers. For a practice amp, they are great. There are even tutorials online to 'defang' them so they don't look so goofy.
          the Wiggy..... I never played one. It was one of those where half the time I thought it was kinda cool looking and the other half the time...
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I wanted a small, lightweight, all-in-one kind of practice amp & went through several of 'em. I will say the vypyr did a good job on the high-gain stuff...particularly the peavey models. But, that nasty crackling static every time I let a note decay was a deal-breaker. It wasn't just clean sounds. Actually, mine seemed to do it worse w/distortion. I don't know for sure if it was the noise gate, but there's no way to completely turn the gate off. I didn't even notice it trying it out at the store, but playing it at home drove me nuts.

Comment

Look into the Fender Mustang series. They sound great(including the 5150 model!), and I haven't had a single problem, with mine. Easily the best hundred bucks I've ever spent!

Comment

Working...
              X