Genalex Gold Lion Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genalex Gold Lion Tubes

I'm getting ready to throw some KT77's later in my amplifier and I've always heard good things about the JJ's but I heard about the Gold Lions and was intrigued. Is there anything to justify the price difference?

Re: Genalex Gold Lion Tubes

- https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=238216 -
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

I am really interested in how you like them.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

In my opinion, no.

I got my hands on a matched pair of their EL84s. They sound fine, but they are no big deal. I prefer the tone I get out of my JJs or my EIs - either of which costs considerably less. And for some perspective, my 1960 RCA EL84s are in a league of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick330man View Post
          In my opinion, no.

I got my hands on a matched pair of their EL84s. They sound fine, but they are no big deal. I prefer the tone I get out of my JJs or my EIs - either of which costs considerably less. And for some perspective, my 1960 RCA EL84s are in a league of their own.
          I like how well rounded the EL84's sound in a DSL 50 but at the same time, I like the punchiness of the KT77's lol

Comment

EL84s in a DSL, eh?

I had the JJ KT77s and they are a pretty sweet tube. Haven't tried the GLs though.

LP Custom
            Greenbacks
            Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
              EL84s in a DSL, eh?

I had the JJ KT77s and they are a pretty sweet tube. Haven't tried the GLs though.
              Yeah, I'm aiming to get the 6CA7's for it because of the rounded lows and the mids and highs of the EL34(; it sounds amazing.

I know it's not the DSL but its close lol

A short demo of the JJ 6CA7 powertubes in my 71 Marshall.I only use two tubes and all knobs are on 10 !!The guitar has a Bare Knuckle VHII bridgepickup.Check...

Comment

Just got a set of GL KT77's to replace a set of EL34's in my Divided /13 LDW.

Not digging the results , but I'm starting to see its probably not the Tubes fault. I think I have an issue with the amps Socket.
                Trying to find someone capable to deal with it locally or I have to send it across country to Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Charter View Post
                  Just got a set of GL KT77's to replace a set of EL34's in my Divided /13 LDW.

Not digging the results , but I'm starting to see its probably not the Tubes fault. I think I have an issue with the amps Socket.
                  Trying to find someone capable to deal with it locally or I have to send it across country to Fred.
                  That's what I need so I don't have to ship my amp out. It's looking like im gonna have to learn how to do it without dying lol

Comment

GL's are good tubes. Def make your amp roar. Cleans up real nice. Although JJ KT88s put more grit in my amp. I'm leaning towards JJ's tone more though.
                    Originally posted by grumptruck
                    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                    Originally posted by Gear Used
                    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                    Mesa Stiletto Ace
                    Gurus 5015
                    Mesa Widebody 1X12
                    Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
                    X