banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my pedalboard is 'complete'! yay :-) ...but is my signal chain correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pedalboard is 'complete'! yay :-) ...but is my signal chain correct?

PHOTO OF PEDALBOARD IS BELOW...my signal chain is all true bypass:

GUITAR --> gstring decimator noisegate --> tc polytuner --> Alice in Chains Jerry Cantrell Wah --> black arts toneworks pharaoh --> proco rat II

is my signal correct? I know people put dirt before everything, do you think I should put my fuzz before all my pedals, so GUITAR --> black arts toneworks pharaoh ...??? Any insights are appreciated. I know there is more than one way to do things "right" as it is really what sounds good to the listener and that is discretionary/subjective...

you can also see my 3 button changer for my Orange Thunderverb amp that controls my on/off switches for 1) reverb 2) amp channel 3) 'attenuator".

thanks yall

Re: my pedalboard is 'complete'! yay :-) ...but is my signal chain correct?

Your order sounds good - just move the gate to the end of the chain so it cust off any pedal noise.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Do you need the ISP? After years of using an ISP I realized it was a waste and I sold it. I haven't used a noise supressor in 6 months and njever will again.....just don't need it, even for high gain. One thing I have learned in all these years is I prefer buffered pedals to true bypass. I would rather have a strong signal...and with good pedals I notice no negative impact at all.
      Last edited by papersoul; 05-01-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Does it sound good to you? Then, it's correct.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I'd move the gate to the end of the chain or, even better, in your effects loop
          Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Get rid of the gate all together. Other than that, everything looks fine. Dirt should come before wah, but Jimi did fine w/wah before dirt. I have my wah ahead of my dirt & my treble booster, but I installed a FoxRox wah retrofit in my wah to make it fuzz friendly, as I have an old Analogman modded Arbiter FuzzFace right after my wah.
            Farhad aka Strat111

"The older I get, the better I used to be".
            Woke up this morning, sticky, broke, & confused.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
              GUITAR --> gstring decimator noisegate --> tc polytuner --> Alice in Chains Jerry Cantrell Wah --> black arts toneworks pharaoh --> proco rat II
              Nice. Love the JC Wah.
              Like others have said, the Decimater should go at the end of the chain.

My board suggestion: Polytune --> JC Wah --> *ProCo Deucetone* --> Pharoah --> Thunderverb.
              Because 2 Rats are better than 1 Rat and you get switching options for Vintage and Turbo Rat plus you can cascade them.
              Yum.
              You can find them used on the bay for around $100.
              Add two IC sockets and two LM308s and you're golden.
              MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
              Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

The old "dirt wah" or "wah dirt". Both are good. Move the gate to the end.

Comment

Ditch the noise supressor. I used to have the JC wah but replaced it with a Crybaby 95Q

Comment

The only time I've needed a noise suppressor is when I run the same power supply to both my loop and up front pedals. Now I have them on their own power supplies and the noise is gone.
                    Widow - "we have songs".
                    Originally posted by Aceman
                    Mega gain pup plus mega gain amp usually equals mega crap.

Comment

I'd move the Decimator to craigslist.

Aside from that, it's good.
                      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I didn't know the TV had a foot-switchable attenuator. That's kinda cool.

Nice board, dude. Simple and to the point. I like it. Are those the actual settings you use on the Rat? It looks like you're just using it as a boost or something.
                        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

cool guys, thanks for the awesome feedback, cheers

Comment

ROCK ON \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Comment

Musicians Friend did an article about pedal order, they said there was a huge debate about it but here is the order they said: GUITAR> preamp> compress> dist> wah> chorus> delay> EQ> gate> vol> reverb> AMP.
                              LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
                              Thinline W/GFS Classic II
                              Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
                              LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
                              Blackstar HT5-H.
                              Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

Working...
                              X