Up and bought a Nobels ODR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Up and bought a Nobels ODR-1

I hope you love it. . .be sure and let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/ View Post
      Came in the mail today, on the day I was out ALL DAY...
      Haven't gotten to plug it in yet, but I can definitely tell you it's god awful ugly green!

Review to follow shortly!
      If you dont like it, I want to try it and will give you what you got it for.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

first impressions after playing it...

more gainy than I had previously anticipated, I tried it all up at noon and it definitely was a good rhythm/lead lesser OD tone. In rehearsal this morning got a feel with a band, and then found the sweet spot for playing worship music.

Gain: 10 o clock
        Spectrum: 2 o clock
        level: noon

as far as transparency:

it IS transparent, however, not as much as my previously owned OCD, but I like the range of EQ on the nobels better. It fills up the low midrange that my Matchless Clubman doesn't have. I haven't used it in conjunction with my Fulldrive, but I'm optimistic about it.

on the neck pickup cleaned up a little with my strat, the best way I could describe it is watery, fluid, buttery. in a very nice way, but still has it's own sort of brightness that I seem to like. it made my strat bridge pickup sound nice and fat, very happy with that. to compensate on the neck pickup, i just made my overall tone brighter and rolled the tone off on my bridge pickup.

I'm happy with it as it stands now, if I can i'll try to record a demo of it. heck, a demo of my entire board would be a good idea.

cheers!

it has a lot of output,

Comment

yay! sounds like a good one. .

Comment

Working...
          X