Wampler Ecstacy. How good is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler Ecstacy. How good is it?

Just noticed there's a Wampler dealer here, and I looked at the Ecstacy and it looks goddamn perfect on paper.

Bass knob, three modes from super smooth to crunchy.
    Looks perfect for pushing an amp into tight crunch or loose, warm solo sounds, or getting the dirt on a completely clean amp.

Expensive though. But is it worth it in your opinion? I hate gear that isn't versatile or customizable and it looks very versatile, plus the Youtube clips are the ****.
    Last edited by Diego; 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Re: Wampler Ecstacy. How good is it?

I've not heard anybody say anything negative. It's extremely popular over on The Gear Page, which says something (I think?) I've not personally tried it, but my Wampler Ego Compressor is amazing, and I wouldn't hesitate to get it. If only it would fit on my board...
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

It's pretty nice, I had one for a while but it just didn't jive with my rig very well. It's a fairly typical "TS-variant with a clipping mode switch", like the Landgraff Dynamic OD and Lovekraft MojoDrive. I wound up using a Fulldrive 2 to fit that bill on my board.
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

I'd have every wampler pedal if my wallet would allow it. They all sound awesome and I've never heard anything bad about them.
        Originally posted by TheLivingDead
        H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
        Originally posted by jcthejester13
        I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

I'm on the lookout for a Plexi Drive if you know anybody that wants to get rid of one.
          Im skeptical about Uber hi Gain overdrives though, which is what the Extacy is I guess?
          They all seem to sound like angry bees.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            I'm on the lookout for a Plexi Drive if you know anybody that wants to get rid of one.
            Im skeptical about Uber hi Gain overdrives though, which is what the Extacy is I guess?
            They all seem to sound like angry bees.
            I'd call the Ecstasy low to medium gain. It's got three clipping modes: old school Marshall, Dumble, and clean boost. It's main thing is sounding super FAT.
            After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              Me too! lol
              Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I have an Ecstasy. The name has changed to Euphoria. As much as I like it, particularly with the switch in the center (open) position I decided I am more comfortable with the combinations I get with the KOT and OCD.

I actually bought the Ecstasy for the Dumble tone and wasn't crazy about it. Maybe it is the pedal or maybe I don't like Dumbles ... who knows?

It is definitely a well built, versatile pedal, and I am keeping mine to see how I like it on a smaller board and into a different amp.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I love mine. perfect low to medium gain overdrive pedal for my taste. I think it behaves better for me on my Blues JR that on my other amps. It is definitely not a TS by any means.
                  Beer me!
                  Originally posted by Kam
                  ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Working...
                  X