No announcement yet.

Musicians friend stupid deal heads up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Musicians friend stupid deal heads up!!

Heads are SOLD OUT

Had to go with the combo
    I like a head much better, but for $435 I'll rock the combo.
    Last edited by rjudo; 05-21-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Envy. That's what I paid for my Tweaker head.

In CHILE.

WTF?
      Last edited by Diego; 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

#1 I have played one of those a few times. Pretty cool. For $500 - extremely cool!

#2 It is not as cool as Gearjonesers Exctacy!

#3 New dad stuff get to you Frank - just taking a daddy break on day to to go to GC? I know it was hard birthing that kid - you deserve a rest!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You know, when these come in, we should probably just do a group NAD.

And since I just pulled the trigger on a Peavey Windsor, last month . . . I may have some 'splaining to do.

Comment

After playing the Alchemist, you may just want to get rid of that Windsor.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Your order #S0XXXXXXXXX has shipped! Please see the order summary below for tracking information.

5-8 days, hummm.

Comment

Delivered this afternoon.
                Paid the extra $5.
                Woot.

Won't be able to plug it in until tomorrow night at the earliest, but holy moly this thing is big!
                I played with the combo at GC back when they were new and it just didn't seem this large.
                It's the size of my Carvin V3 and feels like it weighs about the same.
                The Rebel 30 is like an underfed runt in comparison.
                I'm really intrigued about what that much more iron is going to sound like.
                MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Those are great sounding amps and an absolute steal at that price. If I wasn't in the process of getting stuff ready to get sold off, that would be pretty tempting.
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                    You know, when these come in, we should probably just do a group NAD.

And since I just pulled the trigger on a Peavey Windsor, last month . . . I may have some 'splaining to do.
                    Ill take the windsor off your hands cheap... ; )
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Thanks for that generous offer.

But the Windsor was specifically purchased to be a learning/modding tool.

Btw, the guy picked up his 412 cab the day before my Bogner arrived. I have nothing to play it through now.

Comment

Got my head last Thursday.

Current amp is/was the 6505+ 1x12 combo that I run through my Avatar over sized 2x12 cabinet.

Basically the crunch on the 6505 is very similar to the red channel on the Alchemist. There is no channel or enough gain to compete with the lead channel on the 6505 on the Alchemist.

Sound: The 6505 crunch and Alchemist red channel sound very similar but the Alchemist is clearer, less noisy, and has more punch I guess you'd say. No metal to be found unless a boost could send it over the top, haven't tried. The little switches do impact and shape the sound, i like punch on, bright on, and switch between mid-shift settings.

Effects: Sound good, work fine, but I hate tap tempo. I'll be using a pedal for delay in the loop.

Quality: Thing looks great and feels like a quality piece of gear.

For $499 this is a no-brainer. For $899 it would really have to fit your needs sound and feature wise (if for example you don't want to drag effects around and could get by with delay and reverb). Anything higher and no chance I'd even consider it since a 50w 5150 III is only a hundred more and then of course you have the whole used market at that price.

So for fun i ran the Alchemist and the 6505 in stereo using my Boss Super Chorus...talk about sounding like an arena rock god. I see why Bonamassa uses mixed dual amp setups for his sound, each amp fills in the gaps.

Comment

That's what I've been saying for years. Nothing better than two amps to make your sound huge. Even with each amp on distortion, when running them together the sound becomes more clear and articulate.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I'm sad I changed my mind on this one. I think I missed a very good amp for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                              That's what I've been saying for years. Nothing better than two amps to make your sound huge. Even with each amp on distortion, when running them together the sound becomes more clear and articulate.
                              That's what really blew my mind, it was crystal clear. Crazy sound waves doing their thing together i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                                Thanks for that generous offer.

But the Windsor was specifically purchased to be a learning/modding tool.

Btw, the guy picked up his 412 cab the day before my Bogner arrived. I have nothing to play it through now.
                                we need to chat about this..
                                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X