Pedal bug got me again, x2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal bug got me again, x2.

Just got back from one of the local music shops. They had a good deal on MXR stuff so I grabbed two.

I got the 6 band EQ for the fx loop of this Randall, hoping it will help voice this thing a little more to my liking.

The other is the Custom Badass Modified O.D. I've heard a lot of good things about it so far, so I'm hoping it works out.
    I'll give a little review later tonight after I give it a good run through.

Re: Pedal bug got me again, x2.

Nice! I was looking at the CBMOD (stupid freaking name) before I decided to get another fuzz pedal. Had I wanted an OD instead, this would have been first on my list to try. I still want to try it out, so let us know what you think of it.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Ok, I know I haven't had much time yet, but I gotta say something.

First off, I should have had an EQ in the loop the whole damn time. That works wonders on it's own. It seems to have fixed what was lacking in the Randall. At least for the moment. I'll have to wait for the new to wear off to be sure.

The OD is pretty damn cool. That bump button, paired with the 100HZ knob is sick!
      The tone and the output seem to only go so far, but it feels like it has just enough.
      The gain is great used as a distorion, but you can tell the pedal was meant to be used as a overdrive into an already dirty amp.

I'm gonna play around some more and see if I can hit a few more sweet spots. I'm liking both so far.

Comment

Sweetness! I think everyone could benefit from an MXR EQ. Haven't heard of the CBMOD though.

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and compare the CBMOD to the Green Rhino. Very similar pedal, and yes I have owned one, not too long ago.

I think the biggest difference in the two is the output levels. The Rhino just has more. But, if you're using all the output a Rhino has, something is wrong.
          Gain structure is very very close.
          Tone contol is pretty good, it has way more of a sweep than I was led to believe earlier, " I couldn't crank my amp then."
          And like I said before, that Bump switch paired with the 100HZ control is the kick in the nutz. Those two controls are what make it act an awful lot like a Rhino. Very close!

So far it's a keeper. I like it!

Comment

despite the really lame name, from what ive heard that od looks great
            i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

I had heard the CBMOD was the exact same circuit as the Green Rhino except with a switch instead of a knob.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                I had heard the CBMOD was the exact same circuit as the Green Rhino except with a switch instead of a knob.
                I would believe it. It acts just like it.

Comment

Working...
                X