Well that's that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's that

The last of my gear sold that i was letting go to raise last minute funds for the family vacation! My board is nearly bare...VPjr, Fhusk CS-3, T1M DD-5...and that's it!

When i get back from vacation...WATCH OUT!!! It's going to be a NEW STUFF ROCKS EXTRAVAGANZA replacing everything!

here's what i have in mind...

Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: Well that's that

That'll be a sweet setup man!! I've really been thinking about getting the Voyager too. I LOVE the JHS Morning Glory that I got.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

How does the MG compare to a Timmy?

I LOVED the setup I had before, but thought I'd try similar sounds in different pedals for comparison?

The only one of the above pedals i'm not sure about is the Dark Echo...I'll get an El Capistan if I can $wing it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
        How does the MG compare to a Timmy?

I LOVED the setup I had before, but thought I'd try similar sounds in different pedals for comparison?

The only one of the above pedals i'm not sure about is the Dark Echo...I'll get an El Capistan if I can $wing it?!
        Oh nice! Yeah that sounds like a cool idea. The worst that can happen is that you don't like these pedals, but then you already know which ones you can get that you do like. Lol

The MG and Timmy are actually very different. I know you once owned a Timmy, so you now how it sounds... Super transparent, just gives you MORE of wants already there, but BETTER, or to just fatten your tone a little more. I love using it has a very light OD and a boost for my amp and other drive pedals. The MG is actually very amplike, probably the most out of any pedals I've owned. It does color your tone a tad more than a Timmy, but in a good way. It has a much more usable range of drive/gain, and it sounds great has a clean boost or cranked up. It has a glassier tone to is also. I set the MG to where its just breaking up, that way I can pick more aggresive to get some more grit and punch, or I can pick softer and it cleans up and smooths out very well. Its actually very sensitive to your pick attack... which is very nice! But yeah, I set the MG to where its breaking up, and then I boost it with the Timmy for some more punch and gain. They are a great combo. I'd really love to see how the Voyager sets in the mix with either the MG or Timmy.

Comment

Sounds like the Helium boost. That's the primary reason I replaced the Timmy with it...it added some flavor. I think a Timmy works best with a slightly overdriven amp. I run mine completely clean...i want that HUGE deep open clean sound when all my drives are off.

The Ecstasy is in the Dumble vein, which I Love...like the GSR. It seems extremely versatile, which is always a plus...I'll probably buy it first.

The Rook will get me some TS tones and then some. If it sounds HALF as good as all the clips I've heard...i'm going to really digg it?!

The Voyager also seems right up my alley. Light OD, but its own unique voice. Will probably be my "always on" pedal.

I'm sort of open to modulations right now. But, i'm fascinated by that Organizer. I could go chorus our phaser, but thought I'd try something different. I think it would be cool with little solos/intros/outros & swells.

The delay isn't set in stone, but a dark modulated delay tone is my fave & the Dark Echo personifies that sound perfectly.

I loved the HOF, so the Trinity is a natural want for me. Can't beat them for the size and versatility & $$$.
          Last edited by Hoss; 06-02-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Sounds like the Helium boost. That's the primary reason I replaced the Timmy with it...it added some flavor. I think a Timmy works best with a slightly overdriven amp. I run mine completely clean...i want that HUGE deep open clean sound when all my drives are off.

The Ecstasy is in the Dumble vein, which I Love...like the GSR. It seems extremely versatile, which is always a plus...I'll probably buy it first.

The Rook will get me some TS tones and then some. If it sounds HALF as good as all the clips I've heard...i'm going to really digg it?!

The Voyager also seems right up my alley. Light OD, but its own unique voice. Will probably be my "always on" pedal.

I'm sort of open to modulations right now. But, i'm fascinated by that Organizer. I could go chorus our phaser, but thought I'd try something different. I think it would be cool with little solos/intros/outros & swells.

The delay isn't set in stone, but a dark modulated delay tone is my fave & the Dark Echo personifies that sound perfectly.

I loved the HOF, so the Trinity is a natural want for me. Can't beat them for the size and versatility & $$$.
            Man, this board could possibly even top your last one!! Yeah that Organizer would be pretty cool... That or a Pog! (But the Pogs take up much more room.)

Btw, sorry you had to part out and sell your other Tele man! If I would have had the extra cash, I would have snag it off of you. You going to miss it much?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
              You going to miss it much?
              I hope not. I lost all my pride and grovelled like a shameless shell of a man for him to sell me the neck. I even threatened to shoot a litter of kittens underneath the house.*
              He finally sold it to me.
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                I hope not. I lost all my pride and grovelled like a shameless shell of a man for him to sell me the neck. I even threatened to shoot a litter of kittens underneath the house.*
                And i appreciate you doing it!

I'll miss the Tele...but i'll snag another one after i get my pedalboard back together. I'm liking this one...especially for the $$$

As far as the pedals...if i really wanted to...i could buy them all back...and i might buy some of them back (GSR is going to be TOUGH to beat!) depending on how i like some others?

They're all just "things"...my Family Vacations are something i look forward to from the time i'm driving home FROM them to the time i'm driving TO them...lol! TOTALLY worth it!

Ya'll know me...i was looking at vids and reading reveiws/threads/articles about the ones i was going to buy when i get back while mine were still for sale...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                  Haha!! I guess Hoss saved a litter of kittens then. Lol
                  And i appreciate you doing it!

I'll miss the Tele...but i'll snag another one after i get my pedalboard back together. I'm liking this one...especially for the $$$

As far as the pedals...if i really wanted to...i could buy them all back...and i might buy some of them back (GSR is going to be TOUGH to beat!) depending on how i like some others?

They're all just "things"...my Family Vacations are something i look forward to from the time i'm driving home FROM them to the time i'm driving TO them...lol! TOTALLY worth it!

Ya'll know me...i was looking at vids and reading reveiws/threads/articles about the ones i was going to buy when i get back while mine were still for sale...
                  Well I hope you have an awesome vacation with your family, man! Have a good time!
                  I've actually been eyeing one of those Teles too! I just wish they made one with a rosewood fretboard though... but that can always be changed. I need to try one out somewhere. I've though about selling either my LTD EC-400AT or my Spalted Maple Tele (just because I don't seem to play them as much as my other main axes anymore) and maybe getting something a little different. Idk yet though... lol
                  Last edited by guitarkid; 06-03-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Man, that all sounds KILLER. Really diggin' that Organizer.

Comment

Hey Hoss can you clear your message box, its full.
                      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

this is looking good too?!!?

Comment

I've been planning to get the Organizer to use with my Strymon Lex Rotary.

As for the Modern Player, I've been keeping it secret. I've got the solid body HST configuration, and love the neck on it. Even the pine body sounds good. I just gutted all the electronics and Seymourized it. Now, that guitar feels and sounds like a $1200 guitar. With those new Chinese Fenders, the pots are unusable....just change them to CTS and you're fine. Even the pickups aren't bad, but even better with high end ones.
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                            I've been planning to get the Organizer to use with my Strymon Lex Rotary.

As for the Modern Player, I've been keeping it secret. I've got the solid body HST configuration, and love the neck on it. Even the pine body sounds good. I just gutted all the electronics and Seymourized it. Now, that guitar feels and sounds like a $1200 guitar. With those new Chinese Fenders, the pots are unusable....just change them to CTS and you're fine. Even the pickups aren't bad, but even better with high end ones.
                            that's good to hear! have you tried the thinlines?

i figured they would need a couple upgrades. pots and pups wouldn't be bad at all!?

Comment

that's good to hear! have you tried the thinlines?

i figured they would need a couple upgrades. pots and pups wouldn't be bad at all!?
                              Being pine, the Thinlines are so light they feel like toys. But it's the same neck on all of them, and it's a great neck.....better than MIM's.

On mine, I installed CTS pots. The stock ones are absolute garbage. Right now, mine has a nickel C5 in the nickel ring, and two Chubtone singles. I also installed Schaller strap locks. Surprisingly, they used good quality knotless pine and it's not so soft the holes strip out. It's sorta like basswood.
                              I don't plan to change out the hardware. The bridge and tuners are fine.

Mine is nickel humbucker in nickel ring - splitable. Mine has vintage Fender dome knobs now too. Less country strap also.

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 06-03-2012, 09:51 PM.
                              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                              X