Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well that's that

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Being pine, the Thinlines are so light they feel like toys. But it's the same neck on all of them, and it's a great neck.....better than MIM's.

On mine, I installed CTS pots. The stock ones are absolute garbage. Right now, mine has a nickel C5 in the nickel ring, and two Chubtone singles. I also installed Schaller strap locks. Surprisingly, they used good quality knotless pine and it's not so soft the holes strip out. It's sorta like basswood.
    I don't plan to change out the hardware. The bridge and tuners are fine.

Mine is nickel humbucker in nickel ring - splitable. Mine has vintage Fender dome knobs now too. Less country strap also.

NICE!!!

I thought the thinlines were Mahogany? The light part is music to my ears (back)!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Yeah, that's right. The Thinline Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe comes in mahogany, and the solid body version is good quality pine. Leo liked pinecasters, but for whatever reason stuck to alder and ash.

They're the best for the cheapest from Fender these days. I really dig all the Modern Player series made in China. I hate to say it, but I even talked to Norman at Norman's Rare Guitars in Reseda and the guys in his shop all think Fender's China line is too good for the money and it threatens their slightly more expensive MIM models. They don't say Squier on them or have a budget look. They only say Fender. And Crafted in China on the backs of the headstocks.

I love my honeyburst MP Tele. It's 9.5 radius C shape and plays superfast. The body sounds good with a humbucker. The C5 splits good and gives the pinecaster a ballsy sound.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        Yeah, that's right. The Thinline Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe comes in mahogany, and the solid body version is good quality pine. Leo liked pinecasters, but for whatever reason stuck to alder and ash.

They're the best for the cheapest from Fender these days. I really dig all the Modern Player series made in China. I hate to say it, but I even talked to Norman at Norman's Rare Guitars in Reseda and the guys in his shop all think Fender's China line is too good for the money and it threatens their slightly more expensive MIM models. They don't say Squier on them or have a budget look. They only say Fender. And Crafted in China on the backs of the headstocks.

I love my honeyburst MP Tele. It's 9.5 radius C shape and plays superfast. The body sounds good with a humbucker. The C5 splits good and gives the pinecaster a ballsy sound.
        Sounds like what i was hoping about them is true then?!

I gotta get my hands on one of these asap!

Comment

Another wave of new gear threads from Hoss?

Go, Big Daddy!

How do you handle the pedal dance when you're leading?

That is one of the many reasons I like my POD. One button to dramatically change tones.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
            Another wave of new gear threads from Hoss?

Go, Big Daddy!

How do you handle the pedal dance when you're leading?

That is one of the many reasons I like my POD. One button to dramatically change tones.
            i'm very dexterous!

seriously though...i keep it as simple as possible. i might have some extra stuff going on in an intro or short solo. i don't stomp more than once or twice per song usually...and sometimes i'm set for the whole song if i'm just playing rhythm...or adding some textures/layers here and there.

once in awhile i hook up with another band where i just play guitar...i get to cut loose a lot more there!

besides, my board is small (pt jr) and it's right at my feet. when we practice, if i feel like i can't do it smoothly enough that it's not distracting, i'll leave things out.

Comment

Working...
            X