X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Fuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuchs!!

100+ watt 6550-powered Fuchs Viper!

If the Quick Rod was the hotrodded version of the Plexi tone, this prestigious,fan-cooled beast is the hotrodded version of the Dumble tone. Seriously. It's kinda nuts.

Imagine Robben Ford in corpsepaint and you'll get the idea.

Pretty excited to get it over to the rehearsal space and really open it up.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Re: NAD: Fuuuuuuuu

That's. So. Effin'. Badass.

HNAD, dude. I'm jealous.
    Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
    Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    Musicians are ****ing retards.
    Originally posted by ex-250
    Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Cool! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it. I never pegged you as a guy that would be into the "D*mble" thing - did Tag put you up to this?
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Wow very cool, I remember hearing Joel from KsE had one for a while just before he was trying out Nitro's a few years ago.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Big Bob is not happy about this. Not happy at all.

Comment

Looks like a *****in amp!
            "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I just watched a demo of that amp and thought the first channel sounded great. Is the second channel as scooped sounding as it is in videos on youtube?

Comment

wow...

Comment

I heard Fuch's version of a Trainwreck and since I've never heard a real Trainwreck I have no frame of reference ... but it was an awesome sounding amp. I heard Bonamassa play one live and it kicked butt.

I hope the Viper sounds as good to you as the only Fuchs amp I've ever heard sounded to me.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

siiik!! I think it fits your music well :

Comment

Cool amp...not really Dumble like, which is fine...there are more than enough D clones out there even Fuchs makes a few.

The Viper is based on the Frost amp but I think both amps are not discontinued correct??
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                          Cool amp...not really Dumble like, which is fine...there are more than enough D clones out there even Fuchs makes a few.

The Viper is based on the Frost amp but I think both amps are not discontinued correct??
                          Its mostly the same amp. Fuchs has updated the circuit a few times. They sell it now as the Mantis, but only because Peavey asked them to change the name from Viper because it was too much like their Vypyr line.
                          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post

I can honestly say there was nothing about that demo that would persuade me that amp was worth trying out. I don't think it was the amp that was at fault though, I'm sure it was just badly miced. If I didn't know any different, I have thought that both the commentary and the amp were being recorded through the lav on his lapel; his voice was OK, but the amp just sounded muffled.

Just my 2C worth...
                            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

ya sometimes we have a tone in our heads that is really from studio magic too! and fingers have a big deal to do with tone. studios spend tens of thousands of dollars designing the perfect room to record an amp in, and then put a couple mics at different angles and distances on the same amp, and blend amps etc etc

Comment

Working...
                              X