No announcement yet.

Amplifier Will not work...please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amplifier Will not work...please help.

Yeah theres no distortion at all no matter where I set any of the nobs. Even with the pre at full and the post at 3.
    The guitar is one that i soldered the bridge pickup on myself. But i don't think that is the problem because I have two guitars and they both do the same thing. I have two cables and they both do the same thing.

Comment

Man I can't get mine to sound anything like that, even with the exact same settings that he's using.
      All I get is clean. (Same thing on both of my guitars and cables)
      And like i said before all the switch does is change the volume setup.

Comment

If the amp is new return it for a different one if it is used save up for another one...the Rage 258 is $99 online and the bench charge at most amp shops is $60-75 and that's just for them to open it up and tell you whats wrong with it.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I gotta admit, I like your perseverance, I am an amp tech in Houston and will make you a deal. I don't know where you live so this may not be viable, but if you can ship just the chassis here I will fix it for you for free (including parts) and explain to you exactly what happened and why it doesn't work. I will admit I'm used to working on very expensive amps, but it's not beneath me to try to help a fellow musician. Let me know how I can help.

Jeff
          ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
          www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Upbasher take Jeff up on this offer!

Jeff is a world class amp tech, builder and guru!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks for the offer, jeff. I much appreciate it. However, I think I will just save up for another one.
              Thanks for all the help guys, too bad its bad already I bought it used and barely got to use it at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Upbasher View Post
                Thanks for the offer, jeff. I much appreciate it. However, I think I will just save up for another one.
                Thanks for all the help guys, too bad its bad already I bought it used and barely got to use it at all....
                Are you really declining Jeff's offer?

I would have taken him up on his offer...and I'm a tech!
                Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

I understand him deciding not to bother with it...they are $99 new and can be had for $50-60 used all day...it'll cost that much or more to ship the chassis to Texas and back...

Comment

I'd also ask Jeff if he had any amps for SALE!

<---Seal modded 2004 owner
                    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Hey I fixed the amp. I just learned how to play the main theme from star wars!

Comment

Hey I fixed the amp. I just learned how to play the main theme from star wars!
                        What was wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                          I understand him deciding not to bother with it...they are $99 new and can be had for $50-60 used all day...it'll cost that much or more to ship the chassis to Texas and back...
                          I have bought 3 peavey rages in the past month.

I paid $52 for all 3 of them haha.
                          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

It was a stupid noob mistake.....I figured out that you have to have the volume all the way up on the guitar for it to distort it.....haha oh well, live and learn.
                            Playing is fun. Star wars is pretty easy to play.

Comment

That's not noob, that's retro.

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                              ...Make sure to turn the volume on your guitar all the way up for max distortion.

Have fun!
                              He was either not reading your post or ignoring your advice.
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X