Looking for a Delay Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a Delay Pedal

The flashback is the best delay pedal for the money out now IMHO.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I just went to the music store last week and lined up a Hardwire, Memory Boy, Carbon Copy and Flashback. Played for about an hour and bought the Flashback. It kept the tone intact the best when engaged, sounded killer and had the best options with types and the toneprints.

Comment

Widow - "we have songs".
        Originally posted by Aceman
        Mega gain pup plus mega gain amp usually equals mega crap.

Comment

Hold out for the TC Electronic Flackback x4. It's out in October. Got one to review yesterday, and had a quick play. Sounds very good!
          http://www.lonephantom.com
          http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

I love my Flashback.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by LonePhantom View Post
              Hold out for the TC Electronic Flackback x4. It's out in October. Got one to review yesterday, and had a quick play. Sounds very good!
              can set the tempo myself? with the actual BPM?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                can set the tempo myself? with the actual BPM?
                no
                Originally posted by jeremy
                God hates bad guitar tone
                GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Inkstained View Post
                  Everyone on the Net hates the DL-4, but everyone uses it. I don't get it.
                  Everyone on the net hates Boss effects as well, but I see them all over pedal boards of some of the greatest guitarists and even some of the not so great but well known guitarists. It's to each their own.
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

I don't understand what the big deal is about this if you like the Boss and it does what you want get it.

I can name off delays that I enjoy
                    I use a DMB Lunar Echo and a TC Electronic Nova Delay on my board

I think Line 6 has great digital delays, TC Electronic imho has the best digital delays (the new flashback X4 is pretty cool), DMB Lunar Echo, Malekko has some cool analogs, the MXR Carbon Copy, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man and their newer Memory Boys, etc. etc.

Ultimately the tools you choose need to make you satisfied. If the BPM feature is a deal breaker for you the boss is the only pedal I know of that does that. Frankly I don't see why you can't just tap in a tempo and get imho a better sounding and more flexible pedal but it's not my ears, my playing, my money, etc.

If it were me I'd suggest the TC Nova Delay for digital and the DMB Lunar Echo for analog but that's after years of using assorted delay pedals both digital and analog from SD, Boss, Digitech/hardwire, Line 6, TC, and the list goes on.

Comment

Working...
                    X