Boss DS-2 Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss DS-2 Opinions?

I used one year ago for a gig & loved it but after playing with it for a while it wasn't for me & i prefered the DS-1 but the tone Kurt Cobain got out of it at Reading was awesome so again it's maybe down to the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
      The amp is everything: I used it for a gig where I was given a twin reverb for amp- AMAZING. UNBELIEVEABLE. I wouldn't blame you if you didnt believe me, but the STOCK turbo distortion pedal i had turned that fender into a dual rectifier.
      Its no surprise to me that plugging that dirt box into a twin sounded killer. Players have been doing something similar all over the world for great results since time began, whether its been an orange boss, a big muff or any number of different stomp boxes.
      The twin is king of amps IMHO. It can make anything sound better than it really is if you dial it in right....except for the player....heh. Then its up to your fingers.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Ugh, that demo doesn't do it any favors. Then again if it's based on the Ds-1, I don't like that pedal. I'd be curious to hear the turbo od in that test though.
        Last edited by DankStar; 10-20-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Tried one out today through a twin reverb... so cool. It isn't perfect, there is a little fuzz around the edges and it is definitely kinda a smoother DS-1. The rhythm tones could get busy really fast, it's pretty thick sounding but the lead tones are pretty awesome IMO. I went home and found one really cheap on ebay so I bought it. I like this little dude, I'm excited to add it to my rig.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X