• Show
Clear All

Re: Loaded my 4x12 with EVM-12Ls

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    What about two G12-k 100's?
    That's actually a kick ass idea.

Comment

I have 2 vintage 30s laying around so those get the first try... But if it sucks the other 2 ev's will go in and I can keep a look out for those 100 watters... I've always been intrigued about those anyways.

I think the problem is mostly a volume issue though. Practice was at a lower volume than i normally play (lol) and playing a JCM800 into a 4x12 of evs at low volume isn't going to yeild the best results.

I cranked it today and it really came to life. Soundmen will hate me! Maybe the vintage 30s will help for some of that? It's fun experimenting regardless.
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I've had a 1960ax angled cab loaded with 2 EVM's and 2 100 watt Celestion's, I think they were called Century 100's since 1984. It's very heavy but sounds great. I always tell the soundmen there are different speakers in the cab and to pick the best sounding one. They move the mics around, and always pick the EVM. Even though I think the Celestion is better. No problems with the extra weight on the cab in almost 30 yrs.

Comment

I have it in an x pattern now with the vintage 30's. Sounds pretty good! I may leave it for a while. Has the fullness and clarity but also has a bit of that vintage 30 cut now and crunch. I loaded the second cab with the ev's and 65 watt celestions and that one strangly is more piercing and sharp on the highs.
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
          X