Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD x2!

I got two new pedals in the mail today!

1) MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay. After having a Boss DD-6 on my board for years, I somehow got it into my head recently that I'd probably like an analog delay much better. DD-6 is a fantastic digital delay, however I really prefer the decaying repeats of the analog design. I find it's much easier to play overtop of because of the decay. The digital repeats are so clear that it's hard to not to have it step on what's being played. Anyway, I really like the simplicity of the MXR! Plus the pedal is really small and has a super cool paint job! Got it from 8th Street Music via Amazon. $119.

Now I just have to sell off this DD-6...

2) MXR Script Logo Phase 90 reissue (with LED and power jack). I've never had a phaser on my board, and I really value simplicity in anything I use (the fewer knobs, the better). Well, it doesn't get much simpler than the Phase 90. I WAS about to buy a used block logo Phase 90 locally, however I ended up seeing the demo that gearmandude did where he straight up compared the block logo to the reissue script logo. He was surprised at the difference, and so was I! The script is warmer and more mellow. That's what I want - a subtle phaser. It really sounds fantastic! Got an EXCELLENT price brand new off Amazon. Oddly enough, it was "sold by Music123" under the Amazon site, but was much cheaper on Amazon than Music123's own website. I got it for $77.72.
    Last edited by Powdered Toast Man; 10-27-2012, 02:56 AM.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Re: NPD x2!

Between the DD-6 and the CC, you pretty my have all your delay needs covered!

One of these days I'll another AD-9 and paired with my DD-3, I'll be there too!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

NICE!

I really LOVE the Carbon Copy...it's a nice old school analog delay with good tone overall.

I found them to be a bit darker than what I wanted to hear in the end and did sell mine but it was a good sounding pedal for sure!

Can't go wrong with a Phase 90 either!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Great score on that Phase 90!!
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
        X