Tung-Sol 12AY7 Tubes
    Solid State Rectifier
    Fixed Bias; Nonadjustable
    Electro-Voice EVM12L Classic Speaker
    Green Amp Jewel Light
    Vox Style Brown Diamond Grill Cloth
    Rough Orange Tolex

Re: Modified Tweed Deluxe

The tubes are ok. Yet, SS rect, fixed bias, ... I'd be a different amp...

Why? Why these mods?

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

After a Brian Setzer tone in a smaller package?

Comment

What you've done is ruin the tweed Deluxe tone and you ain't gonna get a Setzer tone from that...

A 6G3 Deluxe is the closest you'll get to the Setzer tone in a small amp as long as you use a Vintage 30 in it and play a Gretsch but a 6G3 deluxe is still a loud amp for 18 or so watts (I know, I have one).

I'm telling you man...you need to get out there and play some amps...every day or so you're posting these threads trying to re invent the wheel and that's no way to find an amp for yourself.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

What is the difference between the 5E3 and the 6G3 Deluxes?

Comment

Originally posted by staybobo View Post
            I'm going to guess the spelling is very different. Someone else will have to comment on the difference between the circuits.
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by staybobo View Post
              IN ways they have little in common...different preamp, different driver, different power section...they are different amps.

The 6G3 Deluxe is the closest you can get to a Setzer Bassman in a 18 watt 1x12 package.
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

how does a Electro-Voice EVM12L Classic Sound in the 6G6 Circuit?

Comment

Working...
                X