Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mud with Germanium Fuzzfaces...

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
    What fuzz are you guys talking about? I am like what's going on here!!! Especially because I loved the tone in the clip...

B
    Thank you, sir!

That song was an Agile AL-2800 strung with DR Pure Blues 11s into the Tommy Bolin fuzz > EAST Studio 2 > vintage Hiwatt 4x12. All rhythms played LIVE and LOUD; harmonies and doubles were done with the same setup on my Rivera 4x12 using the Swamp Thang pair, I believe.

Mic was an Audix D2 a full 2ft from the cabs.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Vow!

Cool!

It really sounds great.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Thanks!

You know, I've been enjoying the new Hendrix the past week or so (People, Hell, and Angels) and it got me thinking: I wonder if his wah had the same effect on the fuzz face that I am doing using the Beano Boost; ie, cutting off the 600ish Hz boom/mud and focusing the midrange and high freqs.

Thoughts?

Comment

my fuzzes lose all their goodness when i use a wah. Mebbe i need one of those "fuzz friendly" buffers or something...or i could just keep my simple one pedal setup.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I still have the Bolin too... I had it up for sale but took it down... its a great pedal even though I don't use it very often.
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

An update...

I found out that mine is a white dot NKT275. Regular gain or high? Well, I dunno. And in fact I don't care. Yet, mine seems to have tonsa gain when I compare it to the youtube demos and all... Yet, I generally use my amp a bit dirty, am not a "clean" amp kinda person. So I am not fully certain...

I have backed off the white trim pot a bit. And it helped. It was maxed. It sounds great. It cleans up phenomenally... Here is an example on a backtrack (one of Guitar Center's jams):

My 90 strat (van Zandt Vintage+'s) and 98 Blues Jr. with a Celestion G12H30 (and 5751 JAN Phillips in v1 and JAN Phillips 12AT7 in v3)...

And today, after work, I could not resist and recorded on two Guitar Center backtracks (love them, here is the link if you are interested) again with my strat and Blues Jr. and Analogman Sun Face (white dot).

The first, I think, is also showing that it is cleaning up phenomenally... It is done with the bridge/middle and bridge position...

The next one is done with the neck position of my strat... I intentionally aimed for a thick tone (with smooth pick attack).

B

Comment

The tone on the 3rd clip reminds me of Third Stone From the Sun ...

Comment

Cool!

B

Comment

that sounds great doc. the internal trimmer is an excellent feature.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Thanks!

That trimpot definitely helped... Now the tone even in the neck, I think, is just fine. And I did not lose that much gain (due to that trimmer shaving off some of the input signal).

B

Comment

Working...
                      X