Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a new OD...

the blues driver is pretty good too.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
      Don't listen to these people OP, the Nobels ODR-1 is a wonderful pedal. I'm sure it'd be great with your amp, too. The low end on that thing is wonderful. I miss my old one and I wish I still had it. Maybe I'll pick one up sometime soon...
      In your experience, how did it compare to other TS or Sd-1 type ODs?

Comment

It compares to a Tubescreamer in that they're both overdrive pedals. Beyond that, they're completely different.

There's absolutely no loss of low end with the Nobels. No mid hump either, which I like. IIRC you can dial the mids in a bit with the spectrum control, but not to the level of a TS.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
          It compares to a Tubescreamer in that they're both overdrive pedals. Beyond that, they're completely different.

There's absolutely no loss of low end with the Nobels. No mid hump either, which I like. IIRC you can dial the mids in a bit with the spectrum control, but not to the level of a TS.

Is there any problem with it being muffled/unclear? Does it have the clarity that a tubescreamer has?

Comment

Working...
          X