Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Supersonic 60 1x12 combo opinions

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
    So you put a speaker with a 50 watt power handling rating into a 60 watt amp?
    Yes, as amp 1) actually measures 50W and 2) there is no risk unless amp is dimed for an extended period, which won't happen with this amp.

Comment

id do it, the super sonic is a killer amp.

Comment

'Grats,heard really good things about them!
        Actually,jammed w/a guy at a Super Bowl party who played thru one,sounded really good,but I got too drunk to check it out...
        "Scalloped & Stickered"
        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Old thread - new info. I bought 2011 (Script Logo) combo used at GC for $599. My 335 (Alnico II Pros) and Fender CP Jag (Duncan Antiquities) sound great through it at gigs and practice. No noise issues, no volume drop upon changing vintage channels. FTSW works well. I changed Vintage 30 for Eminence alnico Red Fang speaker. I Like amp so much I sold my DRRI. I play clean classic R&B, funk and classic rock. I haven't yet re-tubed, but when I do it'll be ANOS tubes. I like it better than my old Rivera. Bassman/Vibrolux vintage channel sound great. This amp is under-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by jpistolas View Post
            If more amp manufacturers would take quality control more seriously I don't believe there would be so many issues with PCB based amps. I truly believe slack QC is the reason PCB amps get such a bad rap.

Still, keeping my fingers crossed. With my luck it'll give out in a week. LOL!
            There's alot of truth to this. I can't say enough about how good my Splawn sounds, and it's a PCB amp.

Electrons don't care whether they're going through a wire or a silver trace glued to a slab of phenolic material. They get where they're going just the same.

ETA: I think that the percieved ccompromise in tone has more to do with the caps, pots, resistors, diodes amd so on that get used in alot of amps rather than the PCBs themselves.
            Last edited by Gone_Shootin; 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM.
            Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

I have a fender super sonic 60 and i am wondering why when i plug in my tc electronics nova system through the effects loop and my drive pedals through the front that the volume is too loud.
              I use the same pedal rig through my Seymor duncan Convertible amp and it is easy to get a good sound.
              I had a conversation with my amp tech and he thinks the volume control is either Audio taper or linear which would make the amp sound louder at 1 or 2 and would be almost too loud at three or 4
              would changing out the volume pot fix the issue of the amp being so tweaky?
              I like the idea of the eminence maverick. Do you also have an adjustable speaker in the combo cab as well?

Comment

I had a prosonic which is basically the same amp. ruler. get it dude! loud, clean, and the gain stage slays. blues rock monster but has some major low end chunk too. I had 2 10" speakers. it will be loudthrough 1 12". enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yodaforce View Post
                  I have a fender super sonic 60 and i am wondering why when i plug in my tc electronics nova system through the effects loop and my drive pedals through the front that the volume is too loud.
                  I use the same pedal rig through my Seymor duncan Convertible amp and it is easy to get a good sound.
                  I had a conversation with my amp tech and he thinks the volume control is either Audio taper or linear which would make the amp sound louder at 1 or 2 and would be almost too loud at three or 4
                  would changing out the volume pot fix the issue of the amp being so tweaky?
                  I like the idea of the eminence maverick. Do you also have an adjustable speaker in the combo cab as well?
                  Are you using the effects level control on the rear to balance the output with the effects unit? I ran my SS head with the loop jumped and dialing the effects loop up on these amps will give you a pretty good boost. The loop on these amps brings in a whole other tube stage and at upper levels on the control actually adds some gain as well as level.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by swirlzilla View Post
                    I had a prosonic which is basically the same amp. ruler. get it dude! loud, clean, and the gain stage slays. blues rock monster but has some major low end chunk too. I had 2 10" speakers. it will be loudthrough 1 12". enjoy.
                    While the Prosonic and SS both have the 2 gain controls on the dirt channel they are MUCH different amps. I owned one of each at the same time and they are not even close to the same rigs.
                    Here is an old piece recorded in my home studio with both a Prosonic and a SS head on the same cab. Left is the SS, right is the Prosonic and the solo track is the SS.

Now same track with just the Prosonic.

The response to touch between the 2 amps is MUCH different and the Prosonic is much more aggressive than the SS is.
                    Last edited by Ascension; 03-20-2014, 10:41 AM.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

The Super-Sonic is the best sounding cheap amp. All the Super-Sonics except for the Super-Sonic 100 and Super-Sonic Twin are made in Mexico. The back of the amp is made of cardboard and bounces no air from the the partially closed back. Fender updated the Super-Sonics a while back. The original ones sounded great, but were a little tinny, lacked some low end, and Vibrolux channel was too thin. These things were improved when they updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                        The Super-Sonic is the best sounding cheap amp. All the Super-Sonics except for the Super-Sonic 100 and Super-Sonic Twin are made in Mexico. The back of the amp is made of cardboard and bounces no air from the the partially closed back. Fender updated the Super-Sonics a while back. The original ones sounded great, but were a little tinny, lacked some low end, and Vibrolux channel was too thin. These things were improved when they updated it.
                        Part of this statement is incorrect. The entire Supersonic line is made in the USA. As for opinion... I love my 60 combo. I run the burn on a mid gain setting and kick on my Plimsoul when I want to go high gain. Also, this is my first post so Hi Everyone!
                        Last edited by BillyTheK; 05-16-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Compress's sound too much for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                          X