Hey, builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, builders

What are the best sources for switches (DPDT specifically), and pots?

Re: Hey, builders

*****eslovemyswitches, mammoth and tayda for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Ugh. Female dogs. Its a real site.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Funkfingers
      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

For pedals it's mammoth. And for amps it's tubesnmore and the tubedepot.
        Hmm...

Comment

mouser
          Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
          WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
          http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Tayda ia king

Comment

I get my pots from either Mouser or Mojo. Both are made by Alpha and work fine. If you order from Mouser, pay attention to the shaft length and mounting ferrule diameter so you get what you need and don't end up having to grind down the shaft or have a loose fit in the hole...the Mojo stuff is pretty much standard guitar amp spec and a safe bet.

I get my switches from Mouser too. The voltage "rating" for a switch is for the most part irrelevant...use it along with the amp rating to determine what kind of power the switch can handle and apply that to your application. If your switch is going to be controlling signal, either keep it as close to the circuit you are switching as possible or ground isolate it and ground it to the same point the circuit is grounded at. This will keep out any unwanted noise or at least make it manageable.
              Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

I usually get my stuff from CE Distribution.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by glassman View Post
                  If your switch is going to be controlling signal, either keep it as close to the circuit you are switching as possible or ground isolate it and ground it to the same point the circuit is grounded at. This will keep out any unwanted noise or at least make it manageable.
                  It definitely is. I'm thinking I'm going to replace the few components in the JCA preamp that differ from the SLO100. The switch is for clean/crunch, and I may throw in the bright switch as well. Do you have a preferred material for resistors? I was just going to go for 1 watt metal film, but I figured I'd ask someone who has some real-world experience, rather than an article I read at Aiken Amps. And is silver mica acceptable?

Comment

I usually use the CCF60 metal film resistors from Vishay/Dale common on mouser. Some weird/odd values I use Xicon. Personally, I find ceramic and Mica caps to sound very similar, with the ceramics being ever-so-slightly grittier. I can't always hear a difference and for the reason that the ceramics are 1/10th the cost of mica caps, I tend to stick with ceramics for smaller values.

LP Custom
                    Greenbacks
                    Boss SD-1

Comment

Digi-Key, Mouser, Amplified Parts, Mojo, and more if you do some Googling.

Lately I've been buying most of my stuff from Amplified Parts. They seem to have better prices than a lot of others.
                      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Working...
                      X