I finally scored a dream amp today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally scored a dream amp today

It is likely on a UPS truck right now so not fully in my posession yet, but after thinking about it for years I am finally pursuing and completing my Vibrolux amp collection. I dont have pics to share yet, but I am so excited I had to share. Today I finalized a deal on a 1961 brownface Fender Vibrolux amp. This thing is all original down to its slip cover, tremolo footswitch, speaker, transformers and all.

I may die with anxiety waiting for it to arrive next week, but in the meantime I had to share my news with some folks that might appreciate it.

Next on my list.....Tweed Vibrolux!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by B Bent; 02-21-2014, 07:53 PM.
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: I finally scored a dream amp today

Serious congratulations, man. I am definitely on board with that dream.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I am consumed with jealousy and envy. Oh yeah, and hatred.
      Land O' Goshen! What a seminal , glorious amp. I feel inadequate. I feel dirty.
      OTOH, you'll never get a Tweed Vibrolux (w/o mortgaging your house), so I feel a little better.
      Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-21-2014, 07:55 PM.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

That's an incredibly impressive score. It's one of those amps that deservedly get whatever the seller is asking for. grats!
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

The best part is that you guys would hate me if you knew what I paid!!!!! (I am still pitching my own self in disbelief! !!)

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
            The best part is that you guys would hate me if you knew what I paid!!!!! (I am still pitching my own self in disbelief! !!)
            You can't drop a bomb like that and then not say what you paid.

Exactly how much of a deal did you get?
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post

hey you know what? Why don't you lay it on us. I'm feeling particularly sturdy today.
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Nah. Some things are meant to keep to one's self. ;-) I feel particularly blessed for sure!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

great amp.. enjoy it...
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Nice score. I can't wait to see pics.

A world with a lot of amps is funner than one with too many guitars. You can never get enough tube tone!
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Congrats... that is a good feeling getting that amp you have wanted and dreamed about for so long!

Looking forward to some pics!
                      Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Awesome amp. Price paid matters not. You'll own it a lifetime. Price in 20 years will be 10x what ever you paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I just can't believe that it and my Brown Princeton both still have the original speakers and even the original Victoria Luggage Company slip covers. I actually keep stuff these days too and my little man cave is starting to get cramped. I may have to let my Tonemaster clone go.

Comment

Working...
                          X