banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Cut Custom Baffleboards resaonably?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Cut Custom Baffleboards resaonably?

Anyone Cut Custom Baffleboards resaonably? I got a couple cabinets that need baffles cut w/ speaker cutouts.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Anyone Cut Custom Baffleboards resaonably?

At least for old school Fender type baffles, it doesn't even pay to have someone do it for you. I made one for my Dual Showman cab when the particle board baffle collapsed and it was stupidly simple. Home Depot cut it to size for me, and beyond that all you need to do is cut the speaker holes. I painted it so you wouldn't see the plywood color if you looked closely but that's optional. It shouldn't cost more than $30 and a few hours of your time.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Thanks, but the speaker hole part is beyond my limited intelligence.But your post got me to thinking. Parts express ( I think it is) sells a speaker hole cutter. Its about 45 dollars. By the time I paid for the baffles to be cut, the hole cut would probably pay for itself. Its about 50 bucks plus shipping. Then I could sell it. Thanks!
      Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

You can buy a jigsaw for less than fifty bucks.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Yeah, if you have a Harbor Freight nearby, a jigsaw can be had super cheap, and it'll be useful later

Sent from my chromed robot turd, using the miserable junk code known as crapatalk.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Seriously; don't pay anyone to do that. It's not only easy, but also cheap (and fun).
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I did a couple of baffle boards recently, and I planned to use 'T nuts' on the front so i could use proper bolts to mount the speakers rather than woodscrews. BUT the T nuts in some cases can cause visible bulges once the grill cloth is fitted tightly over the front of the board.

I addressed that by using a forstner bit to make shallow countersunk holes for the flanges of the T nuts, so that when they were hammered in, they sat flush with the surface of the wood. I also painted them black so they don't show through grill cloths. (I used 5/8" birch plywood, which is plenty stiff enough as both these baffles are for pairs of 10" speakers in small cabs).
              Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Working...
              X