No announcement yet.

Offer Accepted... Payment Delivered. Been-a-long-time-a-comin New Amp Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offer Accepted... Payment Delivered. Been-a-long-time-a-comin New Amp Day

So I decided that rather than modify a sweet amp and wreck it's value, or run it with an attenuator it's entire life, that I should send it to a good home. One of the dudes at Black Arts Toneworks answered my clist ad for the head and cab and a pair. They're going to be cranked up and testing out amazing fuzz pedals for now. Hail Satan.

Wait til you see what I'm going to replace them with... NAD thread coming soon.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Can't wait, I'm sure it will be epic.

Comment

Would it be possible to get a gut shot? I am interested that these amps were 'runouts' that were handmade. at Orange. I don't think very highly of modern orange amps. I shouldn't pick on Orange..I don't think highly of many if not most modern amps except for stuff like Reeves.
        Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-14-2015, 05:08 PM.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I'll see what I can do about gut shots. These weren't "made by Orange"... Gibson bought the rights to the Orange brand, and had the old Matamp shop handwire these 70's reissues. They were also building the Green heads at the time which are basically the same thing.

Comment

This thread just fuels my jones for a new/used OR15. Similar vibe at a reasonable volume....which is louder than most people would expect.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Unfortunately "similar" is as close as you can get with the modern OR's. Without the FAC and Baxandall EQ, the new OR's are more like fuzzy Plexi's.

Nothing wrong with a fuzzy Plexi except that it's not a classic Orange

Comment

Working...
              X