• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PEAVEY 112 BANDIT TRANSTUBE SERIES WITH 12" SHEFFIELD SPEAKER

Peavey Bandit = Win
    Transtube = WIn

Transtube Bandit = MUCH Win.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i'm actually looking for a used bandit to turn it into a head (i've seen that done in other forum), since, well, it's easy (4 screws for the actual amp part, and other 4 for the reverb tank, 8 screws total) you only need a jack and a wood box covered in tolex then you can run the thing through either the 1x12 or a big 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by EDX View Post
        i'm actually looking for a used bandit to turn it into a head (i've seen that done in other forum), since, well, it's easy (4 screws for the actual amp part, and other 4 for the reverb tank, 8 screws total) you only need a jack and a wood box covered in tolex then you can run the thing through either the 1x12 or a big 4x12
        Couldnt you already do that if you just unplug the orginal speaker and run a cab from the external?? I like the idea though, it would make a rad little head.

Comment

yep, but the extra work and the lesser weight makes it cooler

here is an example, well i would look at a transtube bandit (either red stripe or the new ones)

the idea of the guy was to make the thing look kind of cheap
          Last edited by EDX; 01-27-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I'm no feeling that ^^ Lookls like a poorly chopped car. I think could do better. A graphic could be cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
              I have one here. Its a little monster actually. Plenty loud, can get rad distortion without pedals and its really reliable. So yeah perfect little amp. It has nothing on my jsx though. obviously.

The bandits go wlll with an external cabinet too.

I dont run mine with these anymore but when i did it was really thunderous.

What was it pushing in those cabs? Both 2X12's?

Comment

Originally posted by EDX View Post
                I like that idea. I have a 15" Cetek Gauss in a cab that I would love to just crank one through. I bet I could max it out and the speaker would handle it and smooth it out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  What was it pushing in those cabs? Both 2X12's?
                  I think each have 3x15'' etons.

Comment

Working...
                  X