Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: celestion 12m creambacks....

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    nah man thats too loud and present for this scenario.
    ....great speakers tho!
    Cool!

BTW reducing 3-5dB's with an L-Pad actually works!

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      I'm gonna speak my peace, if i may be so bold, and then forever let it be.
      In my opinion, there are some boundaries/parameters as to what we guitar players consider to be "loud".
      For working musicians its all about what the club owners, the sound engineers, the rest of the band and the audience consider to be loud. If i could get away with it, it crank the hell out of my amps. Unfortunately its 2014 and more often than not, working players simple cant just crank amps up and expect to get a gig the following week.
      However, as far as loud goes...to give you a ballpark....this amp im using...well, lets just say that swapping back to my twin reverb is the quieter option! lol

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
      BTW reducing 3-5dB's with an L-Pad actually works!

B
      What is this L-pad of which you speak? i'm all ears.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        12m65 cb and the heritage/evh g12m are more similar than they are to the current MIC greenback reissue which sounds more like a blackback. Heritage/cb are Less toppy/fizzy, extended lows....tubby but feel tighter. The ev/heritage has a more complex midrange than the cb or gb reissue,and it's quieter.
        heritage or evh will give me a firmer low end than regular greenies...thats good info. ill see if i can try some out
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

For working musicians its all about what the club owners, the sound engineers, the rest of the band and the audience consider to be loud. If i could get away with it, it crank the hell out of my amps. Unfortunately its 2014 and more often than not, working players simple cant just crank amps up and expect to get a gig the following week.
          However, as far as loud goes...to give you a ballpark....this amp im using...well, lets just say that swapping back to my twin reverb is the quieter option! lol
          Yup, in 2014 a working musician must some how get tone while keeping volume in check. Non guitarist don't understand that you can't just turn it down and retain the same tone and feel, and they don't care if your tone sucks as long as its not too loud for them. Less efficient speakers are good.

Wow its louder than a twin!

Comment

heritage or evh will give me a firmer low end than regular greenies...thats good info. ill see if i can try some out

And the EVH G12m and the Heritage g12m are the same exact speaker, both UK made, and Celestion has confirmed it many times. The EVH is cheaper though for some reason.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

They sure look pretty damn similar on paper!
              i can live with stripes.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

You gotta find yourself 2 heavy load resistors, in your case 50W would do.

In order to reduce ~3 4 dB's what you need to do is to have one 25Ohm resistor in paralel with the speaker and, if my memory serves me right, the other measuring 9Ohms in series. I know this is sorta vague, but lemme know if interested. Then I'd check the details.

BTW this is basically Ken Fisher's design, DrZ Brake Lite, Air Brake... bla bla... They have "more" settings, but if you are stuck on getting a vol reduction of say 4.5dB's it is doable with fixed resistors and not wirewound ones (which are more expensive and bigger you know).

B
                FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
                X