banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone taken a crack at the new Supros yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone taken a crack at the new Supros yet?

They seem really promising. With vintage spec and some others with modern features like power scaling. Just curious if any forumites have seen them in the wild yet -

sigpic

Re: Has anyone taken a crack at the new Supros yet?

Yeah they are generally pretty cool. I am looking to try out the Black Magick, the Page monster.

Supro/Pigtronix are a local company so it's cool to see them doing well.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

A local shop has one but I haven't tried it. I don't know why.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I'd love to add a Duo Tone to my stable of amps. I tried them all at the last LA Amp Show and they stock quite a few at Sam Ash.

I love those amps. They use quality PCB boards that sound as good as PtoP boards, and nice classic circuits.

For blues/roots to classic rock, they sound great. I'd buy one of those before a new Fender Bassbreaker.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          I'd love to add a Duo Tone to my stable of amps. I tried them all at the last LA Amp Show and they stock quite a few at Sam Ash.

I love those amps. They use quality PCB boards that sound as good as PtoP boards, and nice classic circuits.

For blues/roots to classic rock, they sound great. I'd buy one of those before a new Fender Bassbreaker.
          Agreed. They have one of every model at Robb's in Boulder. My fave was the 25 watt model with one 10" speaker. The others sounded great, though, especially the one with variable output power set to 35 watts. They'd be superb pedal platforms. Expensive, though.
          Last edited by guitfiddle; 02-25-2016, 10:01 PM.
          - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
          Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
          The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Has anyone tried the versions with the 1+2 stacked preamp channels? It's supposed to add another gain stage to give more dirt.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hydro View Post
              Has anyone tried the versions with the 1+2 stacked preamp channels? It's supposed to add another gain stage to give more dirt.
              They had one of those at Robb's, too. I didn't think it added much in the way of high gain or overdrive, though, mostly because the power amp ran fairly clean on that model. I think the best OD came from the lower powered models, and it was more from the power amp.
              - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

What shop? I wanna try one.

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                A local shop has one but I haven't tried it. I don't know why.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Many including myself have long maintained that a PCB amp can be done right if you use good quality boards. Rivera amp I used to own was a tank and took abuse well. That was always the biggest gripe were that many cheaper amps used such thin board material that a sudden drop could flex the board and break the trace.

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                    Agreed. They have one of every model at Robb's in Boulder. My fave was the 25 watt model with one 10" speaker. The others sounded great, though, especially the one with variable output power set to 35 watts. They'd be superb pedal platforms. Expensive, though.
                    I think you are talking about the Trem-O-Verb. There is a good video link on Reverb.com comparing new model TOV vs vintage.

And one for Royal Reverb.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                      I think you are talking about the Trem-O-Verb. There is a good video link on Reverb.com comparing new model TOV vs vintage.
                      Yup...those were my favorite two. They both had the best overall tone plus overdrive. The other models sounded great, but were much cleaner.
                      - Tom

Comment

Too many really cool amps coming out for 2016. I'm gassing for many of them.

Comment

We should start the SDUG round robin amp rotators group. 12 of us hop in and pick out one amp, $1000-1500 range, and each month we rotate that amp to the next guy on the list and the guy above you send you his. ??? I can dream right?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                            We should start the SDUG round robin amp rotators group. 12 of us hop in and pick out one amp, $1000-1500 range, and each month we rotate that amp to the next guy on the list and the guy above you send you his. ??? I can dream right?
                            Poor Jerry would never get his vintage gear back
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                            X