NMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMD

I have a problem that I didn't have when I was younger ... several actually, but the one that needs to be addressed now is my apparent inability to start a song at the correct speed. Once I get going I can sense if it's too slow or too fast and will adjust quickly, but I just can't seem to count it off in my head and come in at the right speed.

So I bought this.

Call it what you want, but I'm hoping it is the solution for overcoming a certain defect. Now, with this metronome and an ear bud I'll be able to start the only song that I have the responsibility to start at the correct tempo.

That is all. Do not pass go, and do not collect $200.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 03-12-2016, 04:35 PM.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: NMD

That should help.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya know...a *vintage metronome would sound a lot better.

( ur right re; SWTX State- it's is in San Marcos, the guy went to Tx. Tech.)
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I spent most of my teen years woodshedding to a metronome. Invaluable skill. Keep up the good work!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
          Ya know...a *vintage metronome would sound a lot better.

Yeah, but the weight of cables worthy of a vintage metronome will be so heavy the ear buds will keep falling out . I have to use this thing live, or maybe if I practice with it enough like TO is saying I might be able to play live without it.

I have an old school pendulum style metronome but it's the pits.
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post

Ha, I see what you did there !
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post

Ha, I see what you did there !

Comment

Every musician should learn how to play along with a metronome! Good on you to recognize you need one. I, too, need one a lot more than I'd like to admit.
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                X