Little victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little victories

This is going to be a long post with very little payoff, but I'm proud of myself and wanted to share.

Over the past couple weeks, I've been without my primary amp, which is a JCA20H, because it had a cold solder joint. I was tired of messing with it, and I wasn't sure if it was that or tubes. I was pretty sure it was a solder joint, because I had replaced the tubes and cleaned the sockets and jacks. I found a guy locally whom I'd highly recommend to Houston bros if there's any interest, and I dropped it off with him.

So I went back to using my Blackstar HT-5. It had been a bit of an irritation to me for a long time because the footswitch just isn't long enough, and it won't take an instrument cable to extend it. About a year ago, I had unscrewed it and tried to replace the hardwired cable with a jack. It didn't go well. I broke the switch and had no idea what kind to replace it with. Since it wasn't particularly useful anyway, and I was only using it at home, I just dealt with it, especially since I was always using the Jet City anyway.

Well, when it was back in the big leagues, I got frustrated with it. I looked around online to see if there was a replacement footswitch that would fit the bill, and I couldn't find one. But I did find that it was just a momentary SPST switch that would trigger the channel change. Knowing that, it also meant that it didn't even matter how a jack was wired up to the switch. One node to tip, one to ring, and I'm good to go.

So I placed an order at b1tcheslovemyswitches.com, which is in the running for best website name on the net, and a few days later, I have this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	5840423

Works like a charm, and the I finally did some clean work that functioned properly on the first try, and it only cost me fifteen bucks. Like I said, little victories.
Working...
X