banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone mixed Celestion Vintage 30's with Eminence V12's in a single cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone mixed Celestion Vintage 30's with Eminence V12's in a single cab?

I have this Marshall 1960A cab that I replaced the speakers in with 2 V30's and 2 G12EVH's. It sounds great, but I'm thinking I can bump the cab's efficiency by a couple of dB's if I replace the EVH's with more efficient speakers so that I can use my smaller 20W Krank with a full-band and not struggle for volume with a loud drummer.

I don't really overly like the clips of the V12's I've heard, but I've also read that they do better in the room than under the mic, and, well, I've already got "under-the-mic" covered with the V30's.

So has anyone mixed V30's with V12's and liked the sound?

Re: Has anyone mixed Celestion Vintage 30's with Eminence V12's in a single cab?

Im curious as well. I have a texas heat/v12 x pattern in my krank 4x12. i love it.

Comment

Re: Has anyone mixed Celestion Vintage 30's with Eminence V12's in a single cab?

*Raises his hand*

The V12 are extremely thick in the low mids and have a pretty aggressive high end roll off. I don’t prefer them on a mic but do complement the V30 well. I haven’t really tried combo miking them yet. Mine are in a 412 oversized and ported Krank cab.

Comment

Oh snap, sorry for such a necro. Link was passed along to me so I responded.

Comment

I've had great success with the Legend/V30 combo and legend/G12T and legend G12K combos.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Comment

Half of a couple DBs won't be noticeable enough for the trouble imho
              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
              X