banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any links to 1X12 speaker cabinet build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any links to 1X12 speaker cabinet build?

I'm gonna build a 1X12 speaker cabinet and been having a hard time finding plans for one I like. I'm thinking open back.
    Seen the thread on cabinets and it was very informative regarding best practices but didn't lead me to any specific designs.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Any links to 1X12 speaker cabinet build?

You should be able to reaseach this quite easily with the aid for google

look for the dimensions of the cabinet you want to emulate. this can be found on pages like musicians friend, sweetwater etc,

buy the wood you would like to use and put it together man. The only issue is the opening for the speaker..

Comment

Originally posted by leevc5 View Post
      I'm gonna build a 1X12 speaker cabinet and been having a hard time finding plans for one I like. I'm thinking open back.
      Seen the thread on cabinets and it was very informative regarding best practices but didn't lead me to any specific designs.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Can you post the link it title for that thread? I'm pretty new here and don't know what thread you're talking about.

Comment

One of the 1x12 cabs I made was what I guess you could call a convertible back. Three seperate panels (could just do two). With them all fastened, its a closed back. Or remove a panel or two, and it's an open back. The middle panel has the jack, so it stays on.

I'll try to get a pic up later.

Comment

I guess Maggie wanted to say hi as well.

Here's an older shot of the front. Never did get around to doing the tolex.

Comment

This series might help.

In this first of two videos, I explain and demonstrate the steps necessary to design and construct a finger-jointed pine cabinet for the 5F1 Champ chassis (f...
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
              I guess Maggie wanted to say hi as well.

Here's an older shot of the front. Never did get around to doing the tolex.

I like the cabinet and Maggie looks quite dignified, adds character to the shot. I think I will use your cabinet as the model for the one I will build. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leevc5 View Post
                I like the cabinet and Maggie looks quite dignified, adds character to the shot. I think I will use your cabinet as the model for the one I will build. Thanks!
                One rule of thumb is to have the three dimensions (HxWxD) of the cab all different.

Good luck and have fun with the build.

Comment

Working...
                X