Louis Electric Amplifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis Electric Amplifiers

Anyone have any experience with this manufacturer's products ... more specifically the Columbia Reverb model?
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: Louis Electric Amplifiers

i havent tried that model but the few lewis electric amps ive played have been wonderful. id be happy as hell to own one

Comment

Blast from the past

Anyone get their hands on a Louis Cobra?
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

ha! no. my wife wouldnt be happy if i bought another expensive amp that just lives in my office

Comment

Is that the guy that used to paint the inside of his amps with red spray paint?

If so, he still makes great amplifiers, and he stopped painting the turret boards years ago. Most of his amps are straight up copies of your favorite amp du-jour with minor tweaks ( most of which are fairly standard ). I would be proud to own one, as he certainly is a true boutique maker and the amps are built with pride.

Comment

the ones ive played are mostly tweaks of classic circuits, but they have all been great amps

Comment

I've only played one that was clearly very blackface influenced, the Cobra is supposedly voiced like a Dumble with a pretty broad gain structure. Heard some stuff recently that was recorded with a Cobra and I was very intrigued. Lotta coin but I was impressed to say the least.
              My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                Re: Louis Electric Amplifiers

i havent tried that model but the few lewis electric amps ive played have been wonderful. id be happy as hell to own one
                I ended up buying one and absolutely love it. I guess it's basically a hotrod Princeton wit a mid control. I went the 6V6 route and the clean tone is sweet and it's an outstanding pedal platform.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

sweet! glad you got yourself a great amp, enjoy the hell out of it!

Comment

that's fantastic!
                    My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                    X