Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speaker Changes..??

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Its been suggested that in my 2x12 cab, that I start by replacing one speaker at a time to see how I like it.. Not a bad idea.
    How would a WGS Veteran 30 sound with one of the celestion 75s?

in my 4x12, Id eventually like to have a 2 Green Beret, 2 Veteran 30 set up in a X pattern.. would a 2 x12 sound good with one GB and one Vet30? Same type of balance effect I guess...???
    I'm running all Invaders in a 4X12. But I had the Invaders paired with Vet 30's for a while, at one point. Invaders aren't exactly like the Green Berets but similar enough that I would think that the Vet and GB should be a good combination. This all assumes that you aren't expecting the WGS speakers to be clones of Celestions.

Comment

I thought my Eminence Governor and Wizard combo would be what I used forever, but after replacing them with a pair of WGS Green Berets, I think I'm convinced I'm a Greenback guy at heart. All are extremely high-quality speakers, but that thick Greenback early breakup is just what I wanted all along.

Comment

Im not that well versed on celestions to expect those tones. i know the 75s in my cab, i know the carvin british series. i do know what a big diff the private jack made over the stock pv. And Lastly, being around for years, I also have picked up on the fact that Celestion Vin 30s and Greenbacks seem to be the premier rock speakers. So, Im looking to get into that vein..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          Im not that well versed on celestions to expect those tones. i know the 75s in my cab, i know the carvin british series. i do know what a big diff the private jack made over the stock pv. And Lastly, being around for years, I also have picked up on the fact that Celestion Vin 30s and Greenbacks seem to be the premier rock speakers. So, Im looking to get into that vein..
          Aside from listening to all you can find online in terms of video demos, you're probably going to have to just dive in. Unfortunately, it's not easy to hunt down rigs with WGS speakers to audition in person.

Comment

Working...
          X