banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any luck with Carvin PA Loudspeakers or Monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any luck with Carvin PA Loudspeakers or Monitors?

Passive?

I have been comparing the Carvin PM12 to the Peavey PR12 and the Peavey has a wider frequency range, but there are negative reviews concerning Peavey's crossovers and/or tweaters being underpowered.

Help!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: Any luck with Carvin PA Loudspeakers or Monitors?

I have the Active version of the PM series
    mine are the 15s and the 12s

not passive
    but other than that sound great
    dont blat out

use the twelves as personal monitors for the bass player at one gig
    he was VERY happy

I would recommend them even though I have no experience with the passive version
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Re: Any luck with Carvin PA Loudspeakers or Monitors?

I have a set of LM15A Carvins. These are biamped power speakers with neo-mag drivers. Love them. Used with electronic drums, solo acoustic guitar and stage monitors. I've used a pair of them with my Peavey FX16 mixer for FOH mains, with and without my LS1801A subs. Zero problems and zero complaints. (Knock on wood!) Very happy with them, especially the small size and light weight. With the subs, it's been a very flexible system, and I've used them in several venues, even outdoors. This is my "medium" system; I plan on selling my "big" system...the Carvins have all the power and coverage I need. I will add that the system is quite smooth and sounded superb with my iPod into the MEDIA INPUT of the FX16.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
      X