• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going digital Axe Fx/Kemper

Non sequitur.

Comment

I've had a Helix for a couple years. And when I started playing in a band again about a month ago, it's what I ended up using.

And my amp collection has been dwindling. Sold the Splawn last weekend, traded in the Supersonic today, and I'm loaning my Triple Rec to the other guitarist in my band while his Peavey XXX is on the fritz...and I'd just as soon sell it to him. I'll keep my JVM because it's the first amp I modded and my VTM120 because it was my very first amp.

But I don't run my Helix the way some do. I still run through real guitar cabs and I use a tube poweramp. They add the little something that I feel that my Helix needs.
      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Some people like to run their modeler into guitar cabs. I don't really like the coloration of guitar cabs, or a guitar preamp or poweramp (If I have a choice).
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Some people like to run their modeler into guitar cabs. I don't really like the coloration of guitar cabs, or a guitar preamp or poweramp (If I have a choice).
          Yeah, I tried the stock cabs and IRs. Even bought a pair of PA speakers to run through. And they sound good for what they are, but real cabs still do it for me. And I do want to go with lighter options. The tube poweramp I'm using is a heavy mofo. So something like a Matrix or a Powerstage 700 is in my future, and I plan on switching over to neo speakers eventually as well.
          Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

I'd be interested to try the new Line6 Powercabs, but they are a little expensive right now. I hear that they work really well with modelers.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by 6stringerguy View Post
              The only thing I like about tube amps over modellers is the feeling and romanticism of watching the tubes warm up and getting the warm fuzzy feeling inside...
              Looking at the Axe FXIII has somewhat made me curious at that realm.
              Guitars:
              Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
              PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
              ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
              Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
              Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
              Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
              Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
              Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
              Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

Originally posted by 6stringerguy View Post
                Looking at the Axe FXIII has somewhat made me curious at that realm.
                Over the past 30 years, there's no telling how many thousands of dollars that I have spent on gear. I bought a Fractal AX8 a few months ago, and it is without a doubt the best $1100 that I have ever spent on any piece of music gear.

Comment

Working...
                X