No announcement yet.

Why don't they make Tube PA's anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why don't they make Tube PA's anymore?

In my old band we bi-amped the mains. 800/500 x2 and ran 4 monitor mixes 500 x4 for a total of 4600. But we didn't usually play too loud so we always had a lot of headroom.

Comment

Re: Why don't they make Tube PA's anymore?

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
      In my old band we bi-amped the mains. 800/500 x2 and ran 4 monitor mixes 500 x4 for a total of 4600. But we didn't usually play too loud so we always had a lot of headroom.
      Of course you bi-amped... running full-range ought to be a penitentiary offence.

If you're in danger of running out of headroom you don't have enough gear with you. Period.

Around the turn of the century I was in an original metal band that over a period of about five years had reached a point at which we were playing cover band rooms for cover band prices... I'll be the first to tell you that it had as much to do with our outrageous live show as it did with our music. But we had it in our contract: we bring a big ass PA and run it as hot as it'll go. We turn down when we get arrested, not before! Don't like it, don't hire us...

Comment

Working...
      X