• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD - Mesa Recto-Verb 25 combo

Yup, it's either off or ON!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had an issue with the reverb... I adjust the knob until it gets to the level I want it at.

Keep in mind that Mesa's are designed to be used live and on stage. If you're trying to dial it in at very low volumes they can be a little touchy.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

So I took the plunge also on my ROV 25 combo and put those cream knobs on it. I loved the look of the chrome ones, but you really can't see where things are set easy at all. That won't be the case now. A couple of odd things I noticed when switching out the knobs...all of the pot shafts on the controls seemed to be plastic except for the presence control on the lead channel. I would have thought Mesa would use better quality stuff. Not saying that it won't last, but having just one that was different seemed really weird to me. Anyways...here's a couple pics of my amp now.

BTW...if anyone local to the DFW aree is interested in my Mesa DC-2 that the ROV is sitting on I'm trying to sell it. I'm only selling local...not shipping that beast out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROV-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	5800970

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROV-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	5800971

Comment

I think those knobs look better than the chrome. Enjoy the amp!

Comment

I'm finally going to have a chance to really try it out this weekend. Been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to practice with my band and give it a go, but this weekend I'll have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone-BBQ View Post
              A couple of odd things I noticed when switching out the knobs...all of the pot shafts on the controls seemed to be plastic except for the presence control on the lead channel. I would have thought Mesa would use better quality stuff. Not saying that it won't last, but having just one that was different seemed really weird to me. Anyways...here's a couple pics of my amp now.
              Been a year or more since I swapped mine out, but I don't remember the shafts being plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                Been a year or more since I swapped mine out, but I don't remember the shafts being plastic.

They seemed to be plastic to me. They were all black and when I tapped them didn't sound metal. The only one that was metal for sure was the one for the presence control on the lead channel.

Comment

Congrats on the amp!! Those things definitely give up the goods!

Kudos to those knobs... I personally would prefer black with white lines but that's an upgrade over stock, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone-BBQ View Post
                    They seemed to be plastic to me. They were all black and when I tapped them didn't sound metal. The only one that was metal for sure was the one for the presence control on the lead channel.
                    Wasn't doubting you, just couldn't remember what mine has! It seems kind of un-Mesa-like to go with plastic, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                      Wasn't doubting you, just couldn't remember what mine has! It seems kind of un-Mesa-like to go with plastic, doesn't it?

I'm betting that my DC-2 doesn't have plastic shafts for it's pots. Maybe they were just coated metal, but it didn't seem to be.

Comment

I just picked up one of these combos used, and took your advice on the knobs. Couldn’t decide if I wanted the off white or black knobs, so I went with both. Put the white ones on the clean channel (top), and black ones on the bottom. Figured it would help me to easily tell which channel I’m adjusting during performance. I haven’t done it yet, but have ordered white and black chicken head knobs to put on the reverb posts on the back. May help to be able to feel where the pointer is without having to look.
                        Last edited by el84nr; 05-17-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X