OK. I may have done a bad thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. I may have done a bad thing...

Last week, while on vacation in Nashville, I talked my wife into driving to Memphis to check out Blues City Music.

I've always been a Soldano fan, and have wanted another to go with my old Astroverb. Since BCM is the closest place to try anything out in those lines, I went in to check out a Hot Rod 50+ and a Hot Rod 25.

Long story short, I'm now expecting a package from Seattle in the next week with a brand new Hot Rod 25.

I have feeling my drive pedals are going to be lonely for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: OK. I may have done a bad thing...

Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
    Last week, while on vacation in Nashville, I talked my wife into driving to Memphis to check out Blues City Music.

I've always been a Soldano fan, and have wanted another to go with my old Astroverb. Since BCM is the closest place to try anything out in those lines, I went in to check out a Hot Rod 50+ and a Hot Rod 25.

Long story short, I'm now expecting a package from Seattle in the next week with a brand new Hot Rod 25.

I have feeling my drive pedals are going to be lonely for a while.

I would have thought it was the wallet that was going to feel empty for a while

Congrats on the new score!

Comment

Yes. The wallet will be a little lighter for the next few months.

Comment

Still waiting to hear about the "bad thing"!

Comment

Most people who are expecting, get a shower
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Really cool! Let me know what you think: I have contemplated saving up for one of them myself!

Comment

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
                Still waiting to hear about the "bad thing"!
                It was just mostly a bad thing on the credit card balance.

Sirion,

It's still inbound. So far, it's made it to Chicago. I played one in the store for about 30-45 minutes. I can say it's definitely worth looking at. They aren't kidding when they call it a baby SLO. The normal channel has enough gain to rival most things out there. The lead channel is pretty much what you expect from something Mike designed. Tight, full, fairly articulate and more gain than anyone really "needs". For 25 watts, it can get LOUD, definitely loud enough to gig with. Not 100 loud, but people will notice. Through a 2 x 12, it was impressive.

Lynne has some pretty good demos on his Blues City Music website, but skip the amp 101 vids, they really just go through the features.

Comment

OK. I may have done a bad thing...

It's here, and it great with my cabinet. Still dialing it in and I need to get a cable for the foot switch, it wasn't included. Without the foot switch, the amp defaults to the overdrive channel, but that's cool. It forces me to play with a little more finesse, which I don't normally do. [emoji41]

Last edited by DKSEARS; 07-08-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X