Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

Originally posted by rbc View Post
    YouTube user Kostas Xatzopoulos demonstrates his Rockman Stereo Chorus along with a Washburn EC 29 and Mesa Boogie V-twin preamp pedal:

Close but...Too chorus-ey
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      This concept works great with a lot of different rigs as well.

Typically, the pre EQ is set to a "frown face" midrange hump so the guitar can sing (the guitar is a midrange instrument)... then post EQ, it is shaped further with a "smilie face" scooped mids type of setting.
      Has any amp/ampsim ever made this a feature? A combined control that boosts the fundamental before the pre-amp distortion and cuts it after the pre-amp? I don't know what you would call that. I guess that might have been what the Distortion Harmonics switch did on the Rockman Distortion Generator.
      Last edited by rbc; 08-26-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Taylor Rhodes demos the Rockman Distortion Generator covering the Boston song "Cool The Engines":

Last edited by rbc; 09-01-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Has any amp/ampsim ever made this a feature? A combined control that boosts the fundamental before the pre-amp distortion and cuts it after the pre-amp?
          Not that I know of. But I do seem to recall my Alesis Quadraverb (still have it) had params. for pre and post EQ... but that
          was all after the ADA MP-1 (signal chain-wise).

Plus that kind of rig setup is usually only found with professional big-name players; typical schmoe just drags his amp and pedals and plugs in.

It's like a half guitar, half studio rig.
          Last edited by LLL; 09-07-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

YouTube user Mikenekomaru GT does some comparisons in the sound between the XPR, Distortion Generator, Sustainor and X100. This is using Rockman distortion:

Comment

And clean tones. The Distortion Generator is omitted:

Comment

Has any amp/ampsim ever made this a feature? A combined control that boosts the fundamental before the pre-amp distortion and cuts it after the pre-amp? I don't know what you would call that. I guess that might have been what the Distortion Harmonics switch did on the Rockman Distortion Generator.
                Mesa Mark series. B/M/T EQ is pre-distortion, GEQ is post-distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
                  Mesa Mark series. B/M/T EQ is pre-distortion, GEQ is post-distortion.
                  Interesting. I never payed much attention to the Mesa line before. I'll have to take a closer look at that.

Comment

Earlier in the thread, I probably posted about disliking the Rockman tone. Oddly, I kind of want one now.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                      Earlier in the thread, I probably posted about disliking the Rockman tone. Oddly, I kind of want one now.
                      Haha! I wouldn’t mind having one either!
                      I always associated it with Boston guitar tone, but clearly it’s capable of so much more. Until this thread, I had no idea how many guitar greats had used one.

Comment

ahhahahahahahah

Put a few on "Watch" on the bay myself!
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Better check with the "tone experts" here first. It's said that those who have Rockman gear only want Tom Scholz tone 24/7/365...

Comment

And clean tones. The Distortion Generator is omitted:

Really cool concept, but surely it must be possible to tune the guitar before recording for a YouTube video? That was borderline painful to listen to.

Comment

Here's some pretty good playing through a Rockman Sustainor 200:

Comment

Here's a little Rockman tone for your holidays. Taylor Rhodes has put together a terrific video with his Rockman Sustainor. Make sure to share this one around. Here is "Rock the Halls":

Comment

Working...
                                X