banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp stacking with unmatched impendance into one cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darg1911
    replied
    Re: Amp stacking with unmatched impendance into one cab?

For switching between amps into a single cab, something like the Radial Headbone switcher. To use both at the same time into the same 4x12 cab, as far as I know, you'd have to split the speakers between amps. One amp to two speakers the other amp to the other two. Then you could use an ABY box to switch between amps or run them both at the same time. Not sure how that would sound if there was a lot of power difference between both amps. I guess it would depend, but it's doable.

Leave a comment:

• Empty Pockets
    replied
    Re: Amp stacking with unmatched impendance into one cab?

Plugging both of those amps into one cabinet will destroy one or both of them. You need another cab or some kind of switching load box to achieve your goal.

Leave a comment:

• Amp stacking with unmatched impendance into one cab?

So I’ve been wanting put some rigs together recently. I have a 100w super lead clone which has an impendance switch on the back, I want to stack this in my mix with a Vox mv50 which runs at 4ohms. I’d like to be able to switch between these for a clean/dirty tone. I’d also like to be able to mix them together. Both of these would be going into a 1960ax which is a 16ohm cab. Is there anyway I can do this while retaining all of the amps’ glory? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X