X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - blackstar 40-watt combo deal

Seems like a great price for $389!

Re: PSA - blackstar 40-watt combo deal

I love Pro Audio Star. I live 15 minutes from them.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Looks like a bargain.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Dude stop posting. I'm poor now.

Comment

Do the kids still get to eat?
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            I just window shop

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              The kids can eat rusty strings and broken picks. Try to keep your priorities straight.
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	5806245

Cool man, I picked up my Blackstar HT-20 head brand new last month for $250 shipped & overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase...

I wasn't super impressed with it upon arrival but once I got it fine tuned with the right speaker/speakers it really helped open it up!!! FWIW I did try it through a 70/80 I had laying around & it was awful so definitely recommend replacing that in the combination!!! Personally I'm running my HT20 through a single 12in 16ohm G12H-75 Creamback pretty much all the time, plus every once in a while I'll also hook up my G12T-100 loaded 1X12 which adds more depth as well as pushes a lil more air....

Also I'd suggest you try some 5751 or 12AX7A preamp tubes. The gain structure is pretty all or nothing on the dirty CH & the clean CH doesn't have a whole lot of clean headroom. For me the 5751's did a really good of giving me a lot more control over the gain & more headroom on the clean CH without sucking any of the tone out...

Obviously mine is the 20W head version but from what I've been told people seem to have a lot of the same complaints about the HT-40 (lack of headroom & control over the dirt) so I'm guessing the results will be about the same in the 40W? In any case hindsight being 20/20 I'm definitely glad I scored mine when I did!!!
                I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]89105[/ATTACH]

Cool man, I picked up my Blackstar HT-20 head brand new last month for $250 shipped & overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase...

I wasn't super impressed with it upon arrival but once I got it fine tuned with the right speaker/speakers it really helped open it up!!! FWIW I did try it through a 70/80 I had laying around & it was awful so definitely recommend replacing that in the combination!!! Personally I'm running my HT20 through a single 12in 16ohm G12H-75 Creamback pretty much all the time, plus every once in a while I'll also hook up my G12T-100 loaded 1X12 which adds more depth as well as pushes a lil more air....

Also I'd suggest you try some 5751 or 12AX7A preamp tubes. The gain structure is pretty all or nothing on the dirty CH & the clean CH doesn't have a whole lot of clean headroom. For me the 5751's did a really good of giving me a lot more control over the gain & more headroom on the clean CH without sucking any of the tone out...

Obviously mine is the 20W head version but from what I've been told people seem to have a lot of the same complaints about the HT-40 (lack of headroom & control over the dirt) so I'm guessing the results will be about the same in the 40W? In any case hindsight being 20/20 I'm definitely glad I scored mine when I did!!!
                  Ive got the same amp in Black tolex. For what it is, it’s a pretty sweet amp. I’ve gigged with it. It’s loud enough to get over a fairly heavy handed drummer and it’s dead simple to dial in.
                  You got yours fora little cheaper than me. Mine was $299 back when Sweetwater was blowing out their inventory.
                  First thing I did was swap preamp tubes too! Lol
                  I put a RI Tung-Sol in the clean channel and a NOS RCA short grey plate in the od side.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    beware...this price is to dump all the version 1 amps they can...the od channel is too saturated at 9am
                    The version 2 is definitely worth the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X