Question for Peavey VIP 2 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Peavey VIP 2 users

So, i am deciding of buying new practice amp.. i found Roland Cube 20 don't sound good at low, practicing levels of volume. when i crank it up it actualy sounds good, but this stomp box modeling stuff is not cool. i need good, open sound at low volume levels. in the past i had Cube 40XL, which i regret i sold it. i only liked R-fier setting on 40XL but it sounded way more open, way better low end and treble response at low volumes than on 20X. i mainly play old school metal, and ocasionaly some blues, instrumental rock. the question for VIP 2 users is, can it be dialed down to very low volumes for practicing and still sounds opened and defined? i imagine the VIP 2 would sound killer because of 12 inch speaker.. i would use this amp mainly for practicing and ocasionaly jams or playing on home partys.

Re: Question for Peavey VIP 2 users

I use the VIP 1 for practice, and I love the sound. However, make sure you learn to use the software, as it is easier to find/store your tones with it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The answer is yes
      I have the VIP2 and the Cube30
      The VIP2 can fail in barely audible and sound good
      Has headphone out
      Usb out and in

Yea
      You want it
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Ok, i think i would need to try one before buy it. I am finding out that Cube 20 X sounds good at higher volumes, but not so much at lower volumes. I also have all tube Randall RD1 head that i am running into 1x12 with V30, and that Randall sounds awesome at lower volumes, but i need a compromise, to not run only that amp because tubes needs to be replaced every couple of years. Which is not the case with modelers and solid states, so i am looking for another modeler at that point.

Comment

If you're a Cube fan, you should definitely check out the newest evolution...the Boss "Katana" series. I was a big Vypyr fan (especially the early "tube" models) and owned the 40XL/80XL cubes until recently, but the Katana is a true step forward.

Comment

Working...
          X