Damn Peavey's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Damn Peavey's!

I now have two of the early 90s transtube silver-stripes, an Envoy 110 and a Studio Pro 112.
    They save my tubes when I play late at night or when I just want to get in a quick session. (like under 30min)

The Studio Pro I found local in great condition for $100, so I offered $75 and we settled on $80.
    No scratchy pots and the knobs and switches felt like they had barely seen any action, (tight and smooth feeling).

Only catch is that the reverb tank has been swapped and the one in it now is only bolted on one side because the holes don't line up, this tank is longer.
    Effects loops still works great and it's a good amp for playing with pedals both in the loop and out front.

The speaker has been swapped to a sheffield 1230. It's an OK speaker but is kind-of like a blander t75.
    He also gave me the stock Blue Marvel so I might try that eventually just to hear for myself, although he insisted that the 1230 was a big improvement for metal/rock.

Comment

I once rented a Peavey Renown for a gig. A huge 2x12 SS combo.

Holy **** was it loud, clean, proud and heavy as hell. Crazy amounts of headroom and very flexible EQ. As ugly as a squatting dog, though.

I'd love one to keep/kick around.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

My friend had a Renown
        Great amp , back breaker
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

And when they are turned on, and you drop or kick them, the spring reverb sounds like a full blown ****ing bolt of lightning crashing through your ears! It's friggin amazing!
          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

^^^
            I still remember the first time it happened to me. It was with a classic chorus 212 silver supersat in the late 80s.
            Man,,,,, I thought I'd tore something up for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X