New amp day BOOGIE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp day BOOGIE!

Traded my pristine Subway Rocket Reverb and a 100 bill for an equally clean DC-5 head. Think I did purty well on this one as this DC 5 is a freekin BEAST!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	boogie dc 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	5848723
    Last edited by Ascension; 07-18-2018, 04:42 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: New amp day BOOGIE!

Basically a mark with a few less features. Great amps!

Comment

Nice score ... !

Comment

Atta boy!!

Comment

Cool- Find myself searching Craigslist whenever someone posts a thread like this, unfortunately.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Been working with it for a while now. First off even at extreme gain this amp is DEAD SILENT!!
            I snagged it to go with my other non Reverb Boogie Subway Rocket. I can run the same pedal board I use with the non verb Rocket so if i need a small rig grab the Rocket if I'm playing a bigger venue or out doors grab the DC5 and my 2/12 cab. Same basic tones same basic settings on the effects run thorough both loops exactly the same way and both run the same footswitch. Was a huge win IMO for me!!
            If I kept the second Rocket I would have had to drop a speaker in it to get the amp where i wanted it tone wise. That+ it runs a completely different footswitch that is attached to the cab and plugs in under the chassis with a midi style plug instead of the 1/4 inch plug under the input on the front on both the non verb Rocket and the DC5. Makes set up MUCH easier and quicker + not having to run a separate board for each amp is really cool.
            Last edited by Ascension; 07-18-2018, 08:35 PM.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Congrats!

The Dual Caliber Series amps are great; I love my DC-3! I think the DC-5 is one of the best club-sized amps ever. So versatile.

Enjoy!

Bill
              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I've used one as a backline before...I remember those are loud! But that tone, though... I don't have a need for such a powerful amp now (my Blue Angel does just fine), but that's a good one.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                  Congrats!

The Dual Caliber Series amps are great; I love my DC-3! I think the DC-5 is one of the best club-sized amps ever. So versatile.

Enjoy!

Bill
                  I agree! I miss having my DC-5, such a killer amp!

The 5 way EQ on that amp is superb and makes the amp extremely versatile, IMO.

EDIT: Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I've used one as a backline before...I remember those are loud! But that tone, though... I don't have a need for such a powerful amp now (my Blue Angel does just fine), but that's a good one.
                    With the way the masters are designed on the amp it can get down to bedroom levels and still sound nice. I needed the punch as I own 3 other amps that are 25 watters running EL 84's. this one was picked up specifically for running out doors and on larger stages. I have the little Subway Rocket the Zinky Velvet and my Jet City JCA 22H Custom to choose between for the smaller stuff.
                    My jet City is going to my Church tomorrow with the Blackstar 1/12 loaded with a WGS Retro to replace the Subway I traded for the DC 5.
                    Here is that rig unmiced.
                    Last edited by Ascension; 07-19-2018, 07:09 PM.
                    Guitars

Comment

Quick up date. This one is the series B mid 90's amp and supposedly these are the beter sounding rigs of the 2. I know one thing it's a rael bad boy in a full band maix. Owned several Boogies over the years but this one is by far the best sounding one of the bunch!! REALLY digging this amp!!
                      Guitars

Comment

yep dual calibers are good amps.
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Chickenwings View Post
                          yep dual calibers are good amps.
                          Agreed ! Had a love hate relationship with my .50 Cal + head and sold it. Loved the tones as long as I dialed in one side only but HATED the lack of control because of only one set of eq controls and one master gain. The DC 5 fixes all those issues with 2 fully separate channels + the assignable EQ.
                          Guitars

Comment

I joined the MESA family 2 months ago, very impressed. Randall Smith makes a good amp.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

I joined the MESA family 2 months ago, very impressed. Randall Smith makes a good amp.
                              Want a 50 watt Solo single Rec head at some point myself ! GREAT amps !
                              Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X