Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I love tubes, but can't get over how flexible modeling has become

Originally posted by justFred View Post
    so have spent a few months with the Fractal and Yamaha studio monitors building some presets...have a couple of 5e3s sitting around so thought might try using them as the amps instead of the monitors...jumpin' jeehosefat...it is the most killer set up ever played thru...tweaked in Fractal tone with tube amp response...Demanic had it right from the start...the blending of the two makes a great package...now experimenting between using full preset or just preamp section...
    This is the design approach of the JMD:1. And probably why it is such a good sounding and feeling amp. I learned a long time ago that running female vocals through a clean tube amp was awesome.

Comment

found my tone...almost:
      Fractal = '59 bassman L + Mesa Boogie Mark II R out Yamaha HS8 L&R + Fender Mustang GT (basic clean) R and 5E3 L + Fishman Aura to Loundbox Mini with Boss Katana 50 using Fender Telecaster with SSL-1 neck and Lil '59 Bridge and Fishman Power Bridge...
      Something is still missing but it's getting close...
      Last edited by justFred; 01-15-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

My rig. After pedal board

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

give PositiveGrid Bias amp a try...free....very impressive...24 amps with ability to swap tubes and mak mucho adjustments that clearly change the sound of the amp...$79 if you want to own it...

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
            give PositiveGrid Bias amp a try...free....very impressive...24 amps with ability to swap tubes and mak mucho adjustments that clearly change the sound of the amp...$79 if you want to own it...
            Thanks for the heads up on this...I’m going to take advantage of it.

Comment

For me, I've found 'modeling' to be 'almost' but not quite. it would do if I had nothing else.

Comment

Working...
              X