banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with the Korg NuTube's or the Vox Mini Superbeetle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone familiar with the Korg NuTube's or the Vox Mini Superbeetle?

I have an MV50 Rock model, the Marshally flavor. Through a 2x12 cabinet with Creambacks, it kicks ass. It might have actually sounded better than the DSL-40CST the night we A/Bed them at my buddy's house. For sure the MV50 is easier to dial in.

I used it to power my talkbox at my 40th high school reunion back in April. It sounded sweet on "Sweet Emotion" and rocked "Rocky Mountain Way".

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Nice. I wish they sold the Superbeetle as a separate head. Having the reverb and tremolo really adds something to it.

Comment

The Mini SB kills! I love it and since I just blew up my Bug I may go get one
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

PSA: the Vox MV50 CR is today’s MF SToTD https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=211567

$150 with the tiny speaker.

In case anybody wanted to try this new technology for cheap...

Comment

Man . . . I wish you hadn't shown me that.

Killer deal, but the "Rock" version is probably my least fav of the bunch, and I'd really like to have the tremolo and reverb of the SB. Then again, I've got those bases covered in pedals and modelers. Makes me wonder how easy it might be to transform one model to another. I would think it would just be a couple of tone shaping and or gain setting components.

Comment

I saw that SDOTD, really thought about it and don't even need the cab. If it had an fx loop I might have jumped on it.

Comment

I just did.

I figure, at that price, I could always sell it later and recover most of my money. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  I just did.

I figure, at that price, I could always sell it later and recover most of my money. We'll see.
                  Not sure if I should say sorry or you’re welcome lol

Comment

I'll take the "you're welcome". After all, I started the thread. I was asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X