• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quest for NAD/PRS MT15

Originally posted by Coma View Post
    Cheers, mate.

Bummer about the cancer, tho
    Yes, and thank you. It was a bummer. The chemo and radiation therapy were hard to get thru. Good news...it was caught early, and the docs think they killed it all.

And...I had a B-cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma...one of the more treatable cancers...so, I'm very lucky.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

They're on my radar, but the only store here that used to carry them don't keep them in standard stock anymore. Same situation with the Jet City amps.
      Aren't most of the smaller ones single-channel anyway? Or shared EQ or something like that?
      Only the smallest models.

I really like the way those eq switches work in them. They're subtle enough you can flip them without any other changes to eq, but effective enough to work well if you switch cabs or need less bottom or more highs in certain room.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Ive been really curious about the PRS MT15 too. no way for me to try one tho. And, I agree on the oranges. There is like only one model that has all the features Id want and its like $2300. nope...

Ive only ever had the chance to play a couple of Mesas and came away underwhelmed. HOWEVER... Ive been told repeatedly that you need to spend alittle time dialing them in. And I didnt have that luxury..

Id like to try one of the bigger Jet city amps..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          Ive been really curious about the PRS MT15 too. no way for me to try one tho. And, I agree on the oranges. There is like only one model that has all the features Id want and its like $2300. nope...

Ive only ever had the chance to play a couple of Mesas and came away underwhelmed. HOWEVER... Ive been told repeatedly that you need to spend alittle time dialing them in. And I didnt have that luxury..

Id like to try one of the bigger Jet city amps..
          If I was 16 still (but, you know, not totally broke) I would've loved the MT15. These days, I'm using less and less gain.

That amp doesn't have "less", it just goes from "most of the gain" to "all of the gain".
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Well f*ck me, there's a bunch of Mesa 5:25 on the local equivalent of Reverb, for about €1500 a pop.

And then somebody has the audacity of posting a full-sized Mk V for the same price. I might just have to get it just because.
            And then buy a small lunchbox as well.

F*cking guitarist brain.
            1973 Aria 551
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

Well f*ck me, there's a bunch of Mesa 5:25 on the local equivalent of Reverb, for about €1500 a pop.

And then somebody has the audacity of posting a full-sized Mk V for the same price. I might just have to get it just because.
              And then buy a small lunchbox as well.

F*cking guitarist brain.
              From one guitarist brain to another... Yeah, must be done... haha
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Update:

I finally settled on two amps. Because I suddenly realised that I have no kids, so I can spend all my money on toys for myself.

Made a deal with a guy selling a Mesa Dual Rec Roadster. We set a day to meet up and do the trade, and unless anything changes we won't talk again before the meet. Text him two days before the meet-up to set a time, and he flat out tells me he sold it to somebody else. No apologies, no heads up, nothing. Grrrrrrr!

For home, somebody way off from where I live was trying to sell off a Jim Root Terror for months. Had a friend of mine pick it up from the spot, and will have it delivered in a few weeks when she's in town.
                1973 Aria 551
                1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

Working...
                X