banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have more than 1 of almost the same amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you have more than 1 of almost the same amp?

Been there, I had 3 Laney AOR heads, it was a passing phase. I would prefer a few different ones now. I would add a Marshall DSL, then a Fender maybe.
    Amps: EVH 5150 iii & old Laney cabs with Celestion Heritage Greenbacks. Guitars: 2014 Jackson USA RR1, 2010 Gibson Les Paul Custom, 1986 Charvel San Dimas, Warmoth Lefty Strats w/ Callaham bridge. Pedals: Strymon, Dunlop/MXR, ISP...

Comment

I used to have two of everything, as a backup for roadworthiness.

Now I have three of every *sound* in high power, low power and direct line configurations. Completely different equipment that sounds about the same, just at different levels.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	LabogaBeasts_LaneyIRT212.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	5812834

Laboga The Beast 30 Plus & The Beast Classic 30.

Same specs but they sound pretty different, thanks mostly to the different OT's..

The 30 Plus is 80's/modern metal, while the Classic 30 is every Black Sabbath tone in a box.. from the 70's to the 2010's
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I used to have two of those Vox Valvetronix amps with the chrome grilles. One was 15w and I believe the other was 30w.

Comment

For about 10 years I had three 50W Marshalls - JMP 2104, Jubilee 2553, DSL 50.

I kept my favourite (the 2104), sold the DSL (because I just used to set it up to sound like the 2104) and traded the Jubilee for a Tone King Imperial 20th Anni. The Jubilee was a great amp but it wasn't a sound I used any more. I love the Imperial and have never regretted that trade.

I have a Roland Blues Cube Artist (great all-occasions amp!) that's kind of in the same Fendery ballpark as the Imperial - but one's booteek tube and one's SS so that's nothing like the same amp right?

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
              Since you seem to be in the know about Mesas, you wouldn't happen to know what the difference between the 5:25 (standard), Express and Express Plus are?
              See my answer in your PRS amp thread.

Bill
              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                I wouldn’t mind a second Princeton Reverb, maybe stereo or wet/dry.

Forum member WahWah famously tours with two Champs.
                I do have two Rivera era Super Champs, but I actually only tour with one of them. You can see it here, imposing its physical dominance on a concert stage.

Name:	46493499_2390759767619167_6813314072860164096_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	5812991

I had the guts of the second one, which was a spare, put into a custom made head, so I can now use it with any 8 ohm speaker cab...turns out the Super Champ loves 12" speakers too!

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	5812992

Cheers..................................... wahwah
                Highway Star
                Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                Mistreated
                Cause We Ended As Lovers
                Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

love the little head. nice to see ya around geoff

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    Thanks Jeremy, it's been years! Thought I might drop in and see how everyone's going!
                    Highway Star
                    Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                    Mistreated
                    Cause We Ended As Lovers
                    Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                    Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      A Blackstar ID:60 I liked so much bought the ID:100, identical except for the wattage. I bought two Crate Power blocks in the 90s that I still have and always carry one to a gig in case of amp failure. A Mesa failed at a gig once and the 4 pound Power block saved my ass!

Comment

i have a powerblock as well, got it right when they came out. it comes to every gig and has saved my ass a bunch of times over the years

Comment

Working...
                        X